The Honors House at Fredonia exists to expand the classroom experience by integrating
learning through campus and community engagement. Students will have opportunities
to be in an environment with other students who like academic challenges and to enrich
their learning through special programs with faculty and staff, visiting speakers,
cultural activities and events, service projects, and shared meals.
To apply click here
- A fulfilling residence hall experience designed to support student learning
- Develop relationships with a group of students who are serious about learning
- Work and learn from faculty members across campus
- Participate in opportunities for learning outside the classroom
Learning Objectives and Requirements
- Students participate in at least five planned events per semester
- Students will show respect toward each other and grow together as a group
- Students will demonstrate an open attitude to learning opportunities outside the classroom
- What style of residence hall?
- How many meetings/frequency?
- Biweekly meetings and planned events: faculty dinners, performances, off-campus trips,
and other learning opportunities.
- Do I have to be in the Honors House if I’m in the Honors Program?
- No, the Honors House is an added opportunity as part of the Honors Program. Students
- Is this housing opportunity open to all students or just freshmen?
- Beginning in the fall 2014, the Honors House will be open to all Honors students.
First-year students are encouraged to apply to the Honors House as a way to connect
with other students in the program and to help foster a culture of learning.