The Honors House at SUNY Fredonia exists to expand the classroom experience by integrating learning through campus and community engagement. First-year students will have opportunities to be in an environment with other students who like academic challenges and to enrich their learning through special programs with faculty and staff, visiting speakers, cultural activities and events, service projects, and shared meals. To apply click here
- A fulfilling freshman experience that gets you off and running on your college journey
- Develop relationships with a group of students who are serious about learning
- Work and learn from faculty members across campus
- Participate in opportunities for learning outside the classroom
Learning Objectives and Requirements
- Students participate in at least five planned events per semester
- Students will show respect toward each other and grow together as a group
- Students will demonstrate an open attitude to learning opportunities outside the classroom
- What style of residence hall? Suite Style
- How many meetings/frequency? Biweekly meetings and planned events (Tentative 2013-14 calendar forthcoming)
- Do I have to be in the Honors House if I’m in the Honors program? No, the Honors House is an added opportunity as part of the Honors program.
- Is this housing opportunity open to all students or just freshmen? The Honors House is a first-year opportunity for freshmen only.