The Office of Environmental Healthy & Safety at SUNY Fredonia is located in Western New York, County of Chautauqua.
TRAVEL BY CAR
From The New York State Thruway
- Take I 90 to Exit 59 (Dunkirk & Fredonia).
- After toll booth, go straight through light and continue straight to the end of the road (Millard Filmore Drive).
- Turn left onto Central Avenue.
- Travel approximately 1/2 mile to main entrance of the campus; turn right onto the campus and move into the right-hand lane.
- Take your first right onto Ring Road; continue straight through the first two stop signs.
- Turn right at the third stop sign onto Old Main Drive; continue straight through all stop signs (past Starbucks).
- Take a left turn onto Resident's Row.
- The EH&S entrance to McGinnies Hall is the first left off of Resident's Row.
From I-86 (formerly Rt. 17 Southern Tier Expressway) / Rt. 60 North
- I-86 to Route 60 north exit at Jamestown.
- Remain on Route 60 north until you reach the intersection of Routes 60 & 20 in Fredonia (about 25 miles).
- Turn left on Route 20 and proceed to Temple/Water Street.
- Turn right on Temple Street.
- Continue straight down Temple Street; take the Old Main Entrance on the right
- Take the first right onto Gove Lane.
- The EH&S entrance to McGinnies Hall is the first left off of Grove Lane.
TRAVEL BY AIR
Several major airlines serve the nearby Buffalo area. The Buffalo Niagara International Airport is approximately 50 miles from Fredonia.
TRAVEL BY RAIL
Amtrak (1-800-USA-RAIL) runs a line to Exchange Street Station in Buffalo, NY. From Amtrak, it is a quick walk to the Buffalo Metro (Bus) Station for a connection to Fredonia.
TRAVEL BY BUS
Tickets for Empire Transit, New York Trailways and Greyhound bus service are available through our Central Box Office (716) 673-3501. The Buffalo Metro Station is the main connection for New York Trailways and Greyhound buses, enabling travel throughout the United States. Empire Transit runs 5 daily buses between Jamestown, NY and Buffalo, making numerous stops in-between. The ride from Buffalo to Fredonia is usually under 1 1/2 hours.
Click Here for campus maps and other general information.
Located approximately 3 miles from Lake Erie and 1 mile from the SUNY Fredonia campus, within walking distance of restaurants and shops.
Address: 3925 Vineyard Drive, Dunkirk, New York, 14048
Telephone: (716) 672-4450
Best Western Dunkirk & Fredonia
61-room hotel featuring an indoor pool with whirlpool, fitness center, and playground.
Address: 3912 Vineyard Drive, Dunkirk, New York, 14048
Telephone: (716) 366-7100
135-room hotel featuring lounge/grill and continental breakfast with waffle bar.
Address: 10455 Bennett Road, Fredonia, New York, 14048
Telephone: (716) 673-1351
Four miles from the SUNY Fredonia campus, the Ramada Inn sits on Lake Erie and features an indoor pool, outdoor pool, fitness center, restaurant, indoor bar, and outdoor patio bar.
Address: 30 Lake Shore Drive East, Dunkirk, New York, 14048
Telephone: (716) 366-8350
Established in 1868, this historic inn is located in downtown Fredonia only 1 mile from the SUNY Fredonia campus.
Address: 52 East Main Street, Fredonia, New York, 14048
Telephone: (716) 672-2103
Estimated Driving Times to Fredonia
New York City