- Each piece should have a clear space for the address, postage postmarks and postal endorsements.
- The address should appear on one side of the mail piece only.
- The address should be centered on the envelope and all lines of the address should have a uniform left margin.
- The address should be parallel to the bottom edge of the envelope.
- Use capital letters when possible.
- The return address must be in the upper left-hand corner.
- Do not print anything below the city/state/zip code line. Put the “attention” line above the firm name.
- The address must be visible in windowed envelopes even if the contents shift.
- Be sure to use zip codes.
- International Mail – the country should be typed in CAPITAL LETTERS on the last line.