eBill and ePayment Services
In response to the high expectations of consumers today, and increased vulnerability of data and identity theft nationwide, SUNY Fredonia has partnered with TouchNet to provide a secure environment for online services. TouchNet solutions have allowed us to automate our office services and provide a campus-wide eCommerce solution by securing sensitive payment information. By helping us meet our strict data security requirements, TouchNet has enabled us to provide you with several online services. TouchNet Commerce Management System has been certified to be in compliance with the Payment Application - Data Security Standard (PA-DSS).
Access to eBill + ePayment services - Convenient links to secure self-service site: Authorized users(parents/guardians) access the TouchNet site directly and Students access through the eBill link on 'Your Connection'. You will have access 24/7 to the following information and services: eBilling statements, email notification, payment reminders, receipts, account activity including updated balance due amounts, secure web-based processing of payments for account balances and advance deposits, FIPP payment plan options, and the ability to provide access to authorized users who may be paying bills on your behalf! See more below.
What is my eBill?
eBill is the official method of sending student account billing statements to current students. Fredonia does not send out paper billing statements; however, students desiring a paper statement can print their own through the TouchNet eBill system. Students can view their monthly billing statements by logging onto ’Your Connection’ and selecting the eBill link. Students also receive notification to their official Fredonia student email address whenever a new statement is posted. Problems accessing 'Your Connection', TouchNet or Email? Keep reading!
What does an ‘Authorized User’ see?
Does someone else pay your bill on your behalf but you won't remember to print your copy and send it to them? Students have the opportunity to set up "Authorized Users" through this secure site. Students and authorized users have their own separate login and password; also, students and authorized users are not able to view each other's bank account or credit card information. Authorized users have the ability to view and print eBill statements and have the option of making payments and signing up for payment plans through TouchNet. Authorized users also receive the email notification when eBill statements are posted and will be sent payment reminders if they sign up for a payment plan. Students can specify as many authorized users as they wish. It is quick and easy to do!
Create Authorized Users: (1)Sign into 'Your Connection' (2)Select 'View eBill' (3)Review the page and accept the terms to access the secure TouchNet site (4)Choose the 'Authorized Users' tab from the menu at the top of the page & follow the directions!
What are my ePayment choices?
The student or authorized user can have their payment taken directly out of their checking or savings account eliminating the need to write a paper check. While this is a convenient option we understand that it is not for everyone and are able to accept credit card payments using MasterCard and Visa. You control when you make your payments and can schedule automatic payments as well. Students can always print a copy of the eBill for sending paper checks via US Mail. Send payments to SUNY Fredonia Student Accounts Office, E148 Thompson Hall, Fredonia, NY, 14063.
Do you accept International Wire Transfers for payment?
SUNY Fredonia has partnered with peerTransfer to simplify the payment process for our international students. peerTransfer offers excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, compared to traditional banks. You will be able to track the progress of your payment throughout the transfer process via a student dashboard and you will also be notified via email when your payment is received by SUNY Fredonia.
What are my Payment Plan choices?
FIPP (Fredonia Installment Payment Plans) allow you to divide your payments into 2, 3 or 4 payments per semester. With your first eBill each semester, you may choose to pay your balance due in full by the due date or sign up for one of the payment plans offered. You will see your options on your secure eBill TouchNet site. This may be a convenient option for students who do not have authorized financial aid in place prior to the due date. By selecting a payment plan, once financial aid is approved, the remaining payments are recalculated. This gives students extra time to pay and work out their financial aid issues. There is a small convenience fee charged which is included in your first payment.
Why did SUNY Fredonia choose to replace paper statements with the eBill statements?
We believe that eBill offers many advantages over paper statements:
- supports Fredonia’s Go Green Sustainability efforts - eBills replace their physical equivalent, therefore, saving paper (trees), printing and distribution costs while providing a more secure option for payments
- payments made online post to the student account immediately preventing costly delays and late fees
- eBills are received immediately after processing with no delays in mailing allowing students and authorized users more time to plan their payment strategy
- students and authorized users can view an online history of eBills, account activity and payment history
- it's easy and convenient, allowing access 24/7
- it's private and secure
- saves time and money for both students and the university
I'm confused! How do I log onto my personal secure TouchNet site?
- Students login through ‘Your Connection’ - select the eBill/Payment Online link under the Student Services, Financial Aid, Residence Life menu item. A new page will open regarding policy and by clicking on "I Have Reviewed and Accept the following terms", you will be directed to your secure online site. You can select from several tabs at the top, such as eBill and Authorize Users or in the Quick View section you can access current account information. The following information about user Ids, PINs and passwords may be helpful as you navigate.
*TOUCHNET E-SERVICES - students only should access TouchNet through 'Your Connection' to view the eBill, choose from Fredonia's Payment Plans, make payments using MasterCard, Visa, checking or savings accounts and most importantly, authorize users who pay bills on their behalf. An authorized user does not have access to 'Your Connection' but will access through the TouchNet links and both students and their authorized users will receive e-mail notification when the eBills are posted. It only takes a minute to authorize users and all you need is their email address!
- Start by accessing 'Your Connection' (having trouble? See below)
- Click on 'View eBill' choice listed under Student Services, Financial Aid, Residence Life
- Click on 'I have reviewed and accept the following terms'
- Click on 'Authorized User' tab at the top & follow the instructions
- Authorized users will access the TouchNet site using their own E-mail and password!
*'YOUR CONNECTION' - the student's personal web interface to registration, financial and personal services, transactions and records
- The first time you login, use your FredoniaID (FID) or Social Security Number (SSN) as the UserID for Your Connection. Initially, the PIN is your Date of Birth in mmddyy format. You will be prompted to change your PIN. Once logged in, you have the opportunity to set up a personal Security Question which will permit you to access your account even if you do not remember your PIN.
- If you forget your PIN, just enter your FID or SSN and then click on the Forgot PIN? link. Answer your Security Question, and you will gain access to your account.
- Unable to log in: If you attempt to login and are unsuccessful for three tries, you will be locked out of your account. You must contact the Registrar's Office (716.673.3171) to have your PIN reset.
*FREDONIA EMAIL - each student is assigned an official email address and it is your responsibility to access it for time-critical communications from university offices, including your eBill notices
- Use your eServices UserID and Password to login to your Fredonia email account. You can find your eServices UserID and password by logging into Your Connection. Once logged in, click on the "View Your UserIDs and Passwords" link under "Personal Information" and scroll down to the eServices ID section to view your information. The password that is displayed will always be the original one that was assigned to your account and will not update if you change your password.
- If you forget your eServices password and can't sign on to email, check for EMail solutions at http://www.fredonia.edu/helpdesk/email/
What if I get an error code on a Credit Card payment or my Electronic Check bounces?
- 1778: Authorization Declined - Call your bank or credit card provider. This code may mean you have a daily limit on how much you charge or that you are over your credit card limit.
- 1772: Verbal Authorization Required - Call your bank to advise them of the type and amount of your transaction.
- 1725: Card Expired - Your credit card may be expired or you typed your expiration date incorrectly.
- 1768: Pick up card and contact issuer - Contact your credit card provider immediately. There has been an error with your card.
- Electronic Checks are ACH payments and they require entering the routing and account numbers of either a savings or checking account from US banks. When using E-Check payments, DO NOT USE home equity checks, credit card checks, starter checks, traveler's checks, or money orders, etc, as they will bounce. Payments may also be returned by the bank as bad checks if you typed your numbers incorrectly, if you have insufficient funds, or if your account is closed. There is a $20.00 Bounce Fee added to your student account in addition to what your bank charges you. E-Check payments can only be reversed by calling the Student Accounts Office at 716-673-3236 before 4:30 on the same day that the payment was made.
Still have questions?
Our FAQ page offers answers to many common questions and our other pages provide detailed information regarding important policies. If your question is not listed or you would like more information please contact our Student Accounts Office by email or phone. We look forward to hearing from you!