eBill and ePayment Services
In response to the high expectations of consumers today, and increased vulnerability of data and identity theft nationwide, the State University
of New York at Fredonia has partnered with TouchNet to provide a secure environment for online services. TouchNet solutions have allowed
us to automate our office services and provide a campus-wide eCommerce solution by
securing sensitive payment information. By helping us meet our strict data security requirements, TouchNet has enabled us
to provide you with several online services. TouchNet Commerce Management System has
been certified to be in compliance with the Payment Application - Data Security Standard
Access to eBill + ePayment services - Convenient links to secure self-service site: Authorized users(parents/guardians) access the TouchNet site directly and Students access through the eBill link on 'Your Connection'. You will have access 24/7 to
the following information and services: eBilling statements, email notification, payment reminders, receipts, account activity
including updated balance due amounts, secure web-based processing of payments for
account balances and advance deposits, FIPP payment plan options, and the ability
to provide access to authorized users who may be paying bills on your behalf! See
What is my eBill?
eBill is the official method of sending student account billing statements to current
students. Fredonia does not send out paper billing statements; however, students desiring
a paper statement can print their own through the TouchNet eBill system. Students
can view their monthly billing statements by logging onto ’Your Connection’ and selecting the eBill link. Make sure to have the pop-up blockers turned off so
you can view your eBill! Students also receive notification to their official Fredonia
student email address whenever a new statement is posted or if any account activity
takes place after the eBill is posted. Students can opt for text messages as well!
Problems accessing 'Your Connection', TouchNet or Email? Keep reading!
What are my ePayment choices?
- Checking/Savings ACH, MasterCard, Visa, American Express & Discover
The student or authorized user can have their payment taken directly out of their
checking or savings account eliminating the need to write a paper check. While this
is a convenient option we understand that it is not for everyone and are able to accept
credit card payments using MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover. You control
when you make your payments and can schedule automatic payments as well. Students
can always print a copy of the eBill for sending paper checks via US Mail. Send payments
to Fredonia Student Accounts Office, 306 Maytum Hall, Fredonia, NY, 14063.
Do you accept International Wire Transfers for payment?
Fredonia has partnered with Flywire to simplify the payment process for our international students. Flywire offers excellent
foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases)
and save a significant amount of money, compared to traditional banks. You will be
able to track the progress of your payment throughout the transfer process via a student
dashboard and you will also be notified via email when your payment is received by Fredonia.
What are my Payment Plan choices?
FIPP (Fredonia Installment Payment Plans) allow you to divide your payments into 2,
3 or 4 payments per semester. With your first eBill each semester, you may choose
to pay your balance due in full by the due date or sign up for one of the payment
plans offered. You will see your options on your secure eBill TouchNet site. This may be a convenient option for students who do not have authorized financial
aid in place prior to the due date. By selecting a payment plan, once financial aid
is approved, the remaining payments are recalculated. This gives students extra time
to pay and work out their financial aid issues. There is a small convenience fee charged
which is included in your first payment.
Why did Fredonia choose to replace paper statements with the eBill statements?
We believe that eBill offers many advantages over paper statements:
- supports Fredonia’s Go Green Sustainability efforts - eBills replace their physical equivalent, therefore, saving paper (trees), printing
and distribution costs while providing a more secure option for payments
- payments made online post to the student account immediately preventing costly delays
and late fees
- eBills are received immediately after processing with no delays in mailing allowing
students and authorized users more time to plan their payment strategy
- students and authorized users can view an online history of eBills, account activity
and payment history
- it's easy and convenient, allowing access 24/7
- it's private and secure
- saves time and money for both students and the university
I'm confused! How do I log onto my personal secure TouchNet site and/or sign up my
- Students log in through ‘Your Connection’ - select the eBill/Payment Online link under the Student Services, Financial Aid,
Residence Life menu item. A new page will open regarding policy and by clicking on
"I Have Reviewed and Accept the following terms", you will be directed to your secure
online site. You can review your current account summary on the Welcome page or select from several tabs at the top, such as eBill and Authorize Users.
Does someone else pay your bill on your behalf but you won't remember to print your
copy and send it to them? You have the opportunity to set up "Authorized Users" through this secure site. Students
and authorized users have separate user names and passwords; also, students and authorized
users are not able to view each other's bank account or credit card information. Authorized
users have the ability to view and print eBill statements and have the option of making
payments and signing up for payment plans through TouchNet. Authorized users also
receive the email notification when eBill statements are posted and will be sent payment
reminders if they sign up for a payment plan. Students can specify as many authorized
users as they wish. It is quick and easy to do!
It only takes a minute to authorize users and all you need is the email address!
- Start by accessing 'Your Connection' (having trouble? See below)
- Click on 'View eBill' choice listed under Student Services, Financial Aid, Residence
- Click on 'I have reviewed and accept the following terms'
- Click on 'Authorized User' tab at the top, then the 'Add Authorized User' bar & follow
- Authorized users will access the TouchNet site using their own E-mail and password!
Text Alerts: Opt to receive a text message when your eBill is available
- Log on to "Your Connection"
- Select "View eBill"
- Review the page and accept the terms to access the secure e-Services site
- Click on "Communication"
- Select "Yes" to Opt into receiving text messages
- Enter your mobile phone number
- Select your mobile carrier using the drop down box provided
The following information about user Ids, PINs and passwords may be helpful as you
*TOUCHNET E-SERVICES - students do not have a separate user code and password for TouchNet. Students should access TouchNet through 'Your Connection' to view the eBill, choose
from Fredonia's Payment Plans, make payments using MasterCard, Visa, American Express,
Discover, checking or savings accounts. Authorized Users will access TouchNet directly.
Are you having problems signing on to Your Connection or email? Keep reading!
*'YOUR CONNECTION' - the student's personal web interface to registration, financial and personal services,
transactions and records
- The first time you log in, use your FredoniaID (FID) or Social Security Number (SSN)
as the UserID for Your Connection. You received your FID on your acceptance card
from Admissions. Initially, the PIN is your Date of Birth in mmddyy format. You
will be prompted to change your PIN. Once logged in, you have the opportunity to set
up a personal Security Question which will permit you to access your account even
if you do not remember your PIN.
- If you forget your PIN, just enter your FID or SSN and then click on the Forgot PIN?
link. Answer your Security Question, and you will gain access to your account.
- Unable to log in: If you attempt to log in and are unsuccessful for three tries, you
will be locked out of your account. You must contact the Registrar's Office (716.673.3171)
to have your PIN reset.
*FREDONIA EMAIL - each student is assigned an official email address and it is your responsibility to access it for time-critical communications from university
offices, including your eBill notices
- Use your eServices UserID and Password to log in to your Fredonia email account.
You can find your eServices UserID and password by logging into Your Connection. Once
logged in, click on the "View Your UserIDs and Passwords" link under "Personal Information"
and scroll down to the eServices ID section to view your information. The password
that is displayed will always be the original one that was assigned to your account
and will not update if you change your password.
- If you forget your eServices password and can't sign on to email, check for EMail solutions
What if I get an error code on a Credit Card payment or my Electronic Check bounces?
- 1778: Authorization Declined - Call your bank or credit card provider. This code may
mean you have a daily limit on how much you charge or that you are over your credit
- 1772: Verbal Authorization Required - Call your bank to advise them of the type and
amount of your transaction.
- 1725: Card Expired - Your credit card may be expired or you typed your expiration
- 1768: Pick up card and contact issuer - Contact your credit card provider immediately.
There has been an error with your card.
- Electronic Checks are ACH payments and they require entering the routing and account
numbers of either a savings or checking account from US banks. When using E-Check
payments, DO NOT USE home equity checks, credit card checks, starter checks, traveler's
checks, or money orders, etc, as they will bounce. Payments may also be returned by
the bank as bad checks if you typed your numbers incorrectly, if you have insufficient
funds, or if your account is closed. There is a $20.00 Bounce Fee added to your student
account in addition to what your bank charges you. E-Check payments can only be reversed
by calling the Student Accounts Office at 716-673-3236 before 3:30 on the same day
that the payment was made.
Still have questions?
Our FAQ page offers answers to many common questions and our other pages provide detailed
information regarding important policies. If your question is not listed or you would
like more information please contact our Student Accounts Office by email or phone. We look forward to hearing from you!