News, Important Information, Updates
Attention ALL Fredonia Students!
As a registered student, you must confirm your participation in the Fall 2013 semester by completing the Student Attendance Verification survey via Your Connection beginning August 21.
International Wire Transfers accepted for bill payments - see below!
IMPORTANT: Read your Fredonia student email daily!
Enhanced Electronic Services - Billing and Payments online 24/7 Through Your Connection you will link to your secure personal electronic services provided by TouchNet. You have the opportunity to sign up your bill payers as 'Authorized Users' and they will use their email address to access your billing and payment information on the secure TouchNet site. The welcome page offers several features. Besides the opportunity to pay your eBill online, you will also be able to view all of your eBills, view the history of your ePayments, sign up authorized users to pay your bill for you, and choose from Payment Plan options. Just follow the link and instructions... instead of standing in line, pay on-line! Check out the other features available while you are there, such as saving your payment profile and viewing your up-to-date account activity. Support our efforts to save the environment and reduce costs by taking advantage of the user-friendly convenience and security of online billing and payment.
International Wire Transfer - SUNY Fredonia has partnered with peerTransfer to simplify the payment process for our international students. peerTransfer offers excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, compared to traditional banks. You will be able to track the progress of your payment throughout the transfer process via a student dashboard and you will also be notified via email when your payment is received by SUNY Fredonia.
Your firstname.lastname@example.org address is your official email address - An official email address is assigned by SUNY Fredonia and it is your responsibility to access it for time-critical communications from university offices. This is the only email address we will use for any communication from our office.
Don't forget! HOLDS are placed on student records where amounts or fines due to the university have not been paid. This means you will not be able to early-register for next semester or receive transcripts.
Customer Service Evaluation forms are now available in our office. We value your opinion and hope that you will take a few moments to share your thoughts.
Fall Registration, Payment and Refund Schedule
- eBills will be posted online at your secure TouchNet site on July 18th for students registered before that date; charges and credits listed will be based on information available at the time. Any changes made after that date should be documented and accounted for. The eBill is static and does not change but your account summary and current amount due will update based on changes in charges or aid. The due date for payment is August 15, 2013 and late/administrative fees are added after the due date. If a student has financial aid that is more than the direct costs, the financial aid will be applied to the university charges first. Once the account is paid in full, refunds will be available. We anticipate that the majority of refunds will be issued to students by the first week in October. The first refunds available will be from Alternative private loans - target date September 9th. The Direct Stafford Loans are targeted for September 16, 2013.
- Online payment opportunities include several options! You may decide to use funds from your checking/savings account and/or use your credit card to pay your bill. You may also use a Fredonia Installment Payment Plan(FIPP). View your 'Account Summary' & select online payments through 'Your Connection'. If someone pays on your behalf, give them limited access to do so by adding them as Authorized Users. See our eBill and ePaymentpage for more information.
Returning and New Students:
Early Registration Payments:
- Remember to check the status of your account before trying to register for a new semester or make adjustments to your schedule. You can view your 'Holds' by signing on to 'Your Connection'.
- The first bill for the Fall or Spring semester is posted online 4-5 weeks prior to the start of the semester. See the Billing Procedures link at the left or call our office with your questions.
- Perkins Loans: If you are a new borrower, you are required to complete your Electronic Master Promissory Note with the Student Loan Service Center. Contact our office at 716-673-3236 with questions.
- PLUS, Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans: All borrowers are required to complete the federal Direct Electronic Master Promissory Note and the Entrance Interview form. More information regarding these eMPN/Counseling requirements can be found on the Financial Aid Office web pages.
Graduating and Non-returning Students:
Perkins Loan recipients:
- Unpaid financial obligations will prevent you from receiving official transcripts and diplomas. Check your Account Summary and Holds by signing on to 'Your Connection'.
- If you received a Perkins Loan during your attendance at SUNY Fredonia, you are required to complete an exit interview. If you have not received your exit interview information, contact Student Accounts at 716-673-3236. Return your completed forms to the Student Accounts Office as soon as possible.
Summer and J-Term Students:
- Payment should be made at the time of Registration to reserve your courses. Financial Aid will be reimbursed to you upon receipt. Please call our office with any questions.