Payment Options for Accepted and Returning Students including Deposits, Payment Plans as well as Financial Aid Deferments, Disbursements and Refund Policy
E-Services! We are pleased to offer secure online services through TouchNet, the electronic billing and payment solution chosen by hundreds of universities around the country.
For our International Students:
We have partnered with peerTransfer wire service. They offer excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency and save a significant amount of money compared to traditional bank transfers
REGISTERED STUDENTS - Payment Options and Guidelines
ACCEPTED NEW STUDENTS - Deposit Payment Options
Student Accounts Welcomes You to SUNY Fredonia!
To reserve your place in the entering class and receive additional information about orientation and registering, please submit your deposit as soon as possible. Your $50.00 admission deposit and $50.00 housing deposit will be credited to your first semester bill from the University.
Payment options: Pay Admissions Deposits Online through our secure site using MasterCard, Visa or WebCheck options. You will need your Fredonia ID and pin number to access your personal electronic payment and billing services provided by TouchNet. Once logged in, choose the Deposits tab at the top of the welcome page and follow the directions. Submit your Admission Deposit and Housing Deposit if you will be living on campus. If paying by mail or in-person, please make your check payable to SUNY Fredonia and submit to: Student Accounts, 306 Maytum Hall, Fredonia, NY 14063. You may also pay by phone at (716) 673-3236 using MasterCard or VISA. Your deposit is refundable until May 1 provided you notify the Director of Admissions in writing of your intention.
Please feel free to call the Office of Admissions at (716) 673-3251 with questions concerning admissions or the Student Accounts Office at (716) 673-3236 with questions you may have about billing and payments. For more information about the Electronic Services available to you as a registered student, see below.
It is important if you intend to apply for financial aid that you file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This document is available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov and should be filed as soon as possible. Please visit the Financial Aid web site for more information.
REGISTERED STUDENTS - Payment Options, Financial Aid & refunds
Several options are available for you!
- Electronic Services - Support the environment by taking advantage of our enhanced electronic financial services! Pay online with MasterCard, Visa or WebCheck options at Your Connection. Through 'Your Connection' you will be able to link to TouchNet, our secure service provider, where you make your payments online, view your account and payment history, pay room deposits, save your payment profile ... and the most exciting feature of all provides you the ability to assign authorized users access to pay your bill 24/7 without compromising your personal access! No longer will 'Your Connection' be the only access to online payments but your parents, guardians, spouses or other third-party payers will be able to sign on using their own secure credentials. From Your Connection - choose the Pay Deposits|View eBill|Make Payment option then click on "I agree" to login to your personal secure TouchNet account and navigate through your transaction choices.
* Remember - An authorized user does not have access to 'Your Connection' and both you and the authorized users will receive e-mail notification when your eBills are posted. It only takes a minute to authorize users and all you need is their email address!
Start by accessing 'Your Connection'
Click on 'View eBill' choice listed under Student Services, Financial Aid, Residence Life
Click on 'I have reviewed and accept the following terms'
Click on 'Authorized User' tab at the top, then 'Add Authorized User' bar & follow the instructions
* Authorized users will access TouchNet using their own E-mail and password.
- Pay by mail or in person using MasterCard, Visa, personal check, cashier's check or money order
International Wire Transfer: SUNY Fredonia has partnered with peerTransfer to simplify the payment process for our international students. peerTransfer offers excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, compared to traditional banks. You will be able to track the progress of your payment throughout the transfer process via a student dashboard and you will also be notified via email when your payment is received by SUNY Fredonia.
- Approved Financial Aid and Military Deferments- (Fall & Spring only) see information below
- FIPP - Fredonia Installment Payment Plans (Fall & Spring only) are available to students and their authorized users online only - Payment Plan options include 2, 3 or 4 payments per semester and can be accessed by students through 'Your Connection' and by authorized users through the TouchNet E-Services link. Prepayments can also be made before the first semester eBill is posted. However, once billed, you must sign up for a payment plan if you are not paying in full.
- New York's College Savings Program - Information concerning this program is available by calling 1-877-NYSAVES (1-877-697-2837) or visiting the New York's College Savings Program web site at http://nysaves.uii.upromise.com/. When you submit the Withdrawal Request Form, SUNY Fredonia's school code is 002844 and campus code for this program is 00. Plan ahead and request early as it takes 7-10 days to process payments. Student ID number is requested and EFT is the preferred choice for disbursal.
- Other 529S plans - Many states and investment firms offer 529S plans. We will defer payment if the funds will be sent directly to SUNY Fredonia and if you submit an approved application for funds including the amount.
Payment may be deferred, or delayed, during the Fall and Spring semesters based on approved financial aid that will be paid directly to the University. Your aid is approved after you have completed all of your requirements, including Master Promissory Notes, income verification, etc., and the amounts may be based on fulltime attendance for the entire term. Estimated aid is not allowed to defer payment. College work study awards, personal loans and scholarships that are given directly to the student are also not allowable deferments. TAP is allowed as a deferment until we receive payment from HESC. Caution: If your TAP award changes in any way, it may result in a balance due or refund, depending on your original award.
Students with military-related funding should be aware of the following guidelines: Depending on your funding guarantee, benefits may be paid directly to the University to be used towards your tuition and fees only and/or benefits may be paid directly to you. The money paid directly to you may be used at your discretion so we will not defer payment of your bill based on those benefits. During the academic year, students' eBills are posted around the 3rd week of the month and payment is due by the 15th day of the following month to avoid late admin/payment fees.
- Payment Deferment - What is a deferment of payment? If we have approval information for your tuition and fees benefit amount, for instance Post 911, ACES, RIRP or Chapter 31 Rehab, we will enter that as a scholarship on your account, as a deferment for payment and postpone your payment for that exact amount. This means we will wait for the funds to pay the calculated amount as long as it is not dependent on completion or grades. The military will NOT send funds directly to the university to cover your room, debit or meal plan charges and they may not pay all of your tuition and fees. Therefore, it is wise to have other funds available, such as approved student loans, private funds, or whatever you choose, to pay your balance prior to October 15 (March 15 during spring term) if you want to be eligible to participate in early registration for future terms.
- HOLDS - After October 15 (March 15 for spring), students with unpaid accounts and fines are put on Hold which means you would not be able to early register for future semesters or receive transcripts until your financial liability to the university is paid in full.
- Late Payment Fees - Students involved in the military including Active Military Personnel, Veterans and Reservists qualify to have their late fees waived until the end of the semester.
Refunds - the majority of financial aid is distributed by the fourth week of the semester and is applied to the student's account until the account is paid in full. Overpayments will be refunded to the student by check or directly deposited to his/her bank account. Contact our office for further information or download a copy of the Direct Deposit Authorization form and return the completed request to our office.