Advanced Credit

Office of Admissions
Fenner House
State University of New York at Fredonia
Fredonia, NY 14063
(800) 252-1212 toll free
(716) 673-3251 local
(716) 673-3249 fax

SUNY Fredonia accepts most types of advanced credits (most of which are listed below). Transcripts and test scores can be sent to:

Office of Admissions
Fenner House
The State University of New York at Fredonia
Fredonia, NY 14063

**Current Fredonia students should direct these documents to the Registrar's Office in the Reed Library.**


Advanced Placement Credits (AP)

Most AP credits transfer into SUNY Fredonia.  A minimum score of 3 or better is required on all AP exams.  Consult the Advanced Placement Credit information page for specific course breakdown.

If you requested your scores to be sent to Fredonia at the time you took the exam(s), the College Board will send your scores directly to Fredonia, typically in mid-July.  If you did not request your scores to be sent to Fredonia at the time of your exam(s), you will need to request an official score report from the College Board. You can visit their website for details. The fee for score reports ranges from $15-$25.  Scores can be requested online or by mail/fax. Their address is AP Services, P.O. Box 6671 Princeton, NJ 08541-6671 and their fax number is 610-290-8979.


College Level Examination Program (CLEP)

Most CLEP credits transfer into SUNY Fredonia.  Typical minimum test scores are 50, although they do vary by subject test.  Please consult the College Level Examination Program information page for specifics.

You can request your official scores be sent to Fredonia via their Transcript Request Form. CLEP customer service can be reached at:  800-257-9558 or at  Please include your name, address, and telephone number in your email correspondence.  


International Baccalaureate (IB) credits

Students who have earned an IB diploma may receive a maximum of 30 credits. Students who have achieved a score of 5 or greater on the higher-level exams will be awarded credit on a course-by-course basis. Students who have scored a 4 on the higher-level exams may present their documentation to their academic department for placement purposes and/or possible transfer credit. Students may receive a maximum of 30 credits towards their Bachelor's Degree for all credit earned by examination.  Consult the International Baccalaureate information page for details.

If the IB Coordinator at your High School was informed that you were attending Fredonia, we will automatically receive them in mid July. To request your IB transcript visit their Transcript Request Page. There will be a fee for processing. Questions can be directed to or 1-301-202-3025.  Please include your name, high school name (with city, state, country), date of exams, date of birth, and IB personal code (found on official certificate) in any email correspondence. 


Other credits include...

SUNY Fredonia also accepts credits from many other colleges.  If you are taking college level courses while you are in high school, and will receive college credit(s), you will likely receive credit at Fredonia.  Course credits are evaluated on a course-by-course basis, however many course equivalencies are available online.


Page modified 11/26/14