|Estimated Driving Times
|2 - 3 hours
|3 - 4 hours
|5 - 6 hours
|7 - 9 hours
The campus of the State University of New York at Fredonia is located in the Western New York county of Chautauqua.
- Take I 90 to Exit 59 (Dunkirk & Fredonia).
- After toll booth continue straight until you come to a "T" intersection with Central Avenue.
- Turn left onto Central Ave.
- After traffic signal look for 178 Central Avenue, Office of Admissions, on the right.
- Please park on the street in front of the Admissions Office.
- I-86 to Route 60 north exit at Jamestown
- Remain on Rt. 60 north until you reach the intersection of Rts. 60 & 20 in Fredonia, about 25 miles.
- Turn left on Rt. 20 and proceed to Temple/Water Street.
- Turn right on Temple St.
- Turn right at 2nd traffic light onto Central Ave.
- After traffic signal look for 178 Central Avenue, Office of Admissions, on the left.
- Please park in the designated area on the street directly in front of the Admissions Office.
Several major airlines serve the nearby Buffalo area. The airport is 50 miles from Fredonia. Click here
to link to the Buffalo Niagara International Airport home page.
Amtrak (1-800-USA-RAIL) runs a line to Exchange Street Station in Buffalo, NY. From there it is a quick walk to the Buffalo Metro (Bus) Station for a connection to Fredonia.
Tickets for Empire Transit, New York Trailways and Greyhound bus service are available through our Central Ticket Office (716) 673-3501. The Buffalo Metro Station is the main connection for New York Trailways and Greyhound buses, enabling travel throughout the United States.
Empire Transit runs 5 daily buses between Jamestown, NY and Buffalo, making numerous stops in-between. The ride from Buffalo to Fredonia is usually under 1.5 hours.
Enrolled students from Downstate frequently take advantage of a special charter bus that transports students to Binghamton, Middletown, Tarrytown, New York City Port Authority, and Huntington. We offer this service at Thanksgiving, winter and spring breaks.
There are a number of hotels/motels in the Fredonia/Dunkirk area.
Back to Visiting Fredonia