Transfers - Frequently Asked Questions

Office of Admissions
Fenner House
State University of New York at Fredonia
Fredonia, NY 14063
(800) 252-1212 toll free
(716) 673-3251 local
(716) 673-3249 fax

Frequently asked questions


How many credits will transfer from my college?

You may transfer up to 75 credit hours. SUNY students with an A.S./A.A. will receive a minimum of 60 hours.


Do I have to submit my high school transcript and SAT/ACT scores?

All transfer students with fewer than 30 credit hours MUST submit the following:

  • official high school transcript
  • SAT or ACT scores

If you have 30 or more credit hours you must submit PROOF of high school graduation (see below):

  • an official high school transcript (OR)
  • GED certificate.
If you already have your A.A. or A.S. degree, your transcripts and test scores are not used for admissions purposes, but rather for placement and advising purposes.


How long will it take to complete my degree?

Most students entering Fredonia with an associate degree graduate after 2 more years of full-time study. Your department will advise you toward your graduation goal.


Should I visit the campus?

We encourage you to tour the campus and meet professors from the major in which you're interested. You may request an individual appointment with a transfer counselor in the Admissions Office.


When can I register?

Registration is held during our Spring Into Fredonia program and Summer Orientation. If you miss Spring Into Fredonia (held in late April) you may choose to attend summer orientation held in June, you may attend a final orientation and advising program held just prior to registration in late August.


How do I obtain financial aid?

Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available at any college financial aid office or contact our Office of Financial Aid at (716) 673-3253.

Page modified 11/26/14