Follow these intructions for connecting your laptop to an LCD projector.
- Setup the projector facing the screen, and plug in the power cord. Set your laptop next to the projector.
- Plug one end of VGA cable (shown above) into the COMPUTER 1 IN port on the projector.
- Plug the other end of the VGA cable into your laptop's monitor port. If you have a display adapter for your laptop, connect that to the VGA cable before connecting it to your laptop.
- Turn on your laptop first. Then turn on the projector by first turning power button to | and then push the top power button.
The lamp will take a minute to warm up and display.
If there is a display problem, continue to step 5.
- Switch your monitor (click on your laptop type below for details):
On your laptop, hold down the FN
key and press the display
key (the F key with the monitor icon) to change your display.
You may be presented with the option to choose what you want to do:
After you have set the display mode, you may need to adjust the your laptop's resolution to 1024x768.
- Right-click on your desktop background and choose Properties or Graphic Properties
- Click on the Settings tab or General Settings and make sure the screen resolution is set to 1024x768.
- Click on Apply and then OK.
If you still do not see a display after following these instructions, check the source on the projector. Below are two different projector button arrangements:
Select COMPUTER 1 input button
Select SOURCE button, use the arrow keys to select COMPUTER 1, then push the ENTER button.
After you are finished with the projector, please push the top power button twice to allow the fan to turn on and cool down before unplugging the power cord.
If the projector is still not projecting your laptop after following the instructions above, check to be sure all connections are plugged in all the way, and then try switching the display once again. If you are still unable to connect, please call x3407 for assistance.