To integrate excellence in instruction, relevant faculty scholarship, and proactive
community service to prepare students from differing backgrounds to be successful,
ethical, and globally aware business professionals. We accomplish this by:
- Providing students with high quality educational opportunities by engaging them with
faculty, local business, regional community and university organizations.
- Continuously improving a challenging curriculum through ongoing outcomes assessments.
- Supporting scholarly, professional, and pedagogical research that sustains intellectual
vitality and enriches student learning.
- Providing collaborative research efforts with the more capable students so as to develop
their latent talents and advance their career opportunities.
- Providing the region, university, and broader professional community with the expertise
that further strengthens the academic currency of the Faculty, and that adds value
to these communities.
In support of this mission, the curriculum in the Business School’s majors of accounting,
economics, finance, management, and marketing will include strong components in critical
thinking, oral and written communication, ethical awareness, leadership, and international