The Sport Management and Exercise Department at SUNY Fredonia provides students with a rigorous academic foundation coupled with a hands-on approach to learning through internships and service learning opportunities. The small and diverse faculty is accessible and dedicated to a student centered approach to education facilitating each student’s individual career plan. The college’s small rural setting allows students to positively impact the community’s health and wellness through faculty directed service learning opportunities. Graduates of the SUNY Fredonia Sport Management and Exercise Department have a high acceptance rate for graduate school, obtain jobs in sports administration, health care and kinesiology.
In five years, the Department of Sport Management & Exercise Science will be
- a thriving department with more qualified faculty and attracting more students from all over New York state;
- a viable competitor with the top Sport Management & Exercise Science programs in SUNY and the private colleges and universities in Western New York;
- the campus leader in educating students and faculty about achieving and maintaining health and wellness;
- better positioned to seek COSMA accreditation (SPMG).
Goals & Strategies
- Provide an outstanding educational experience and environment for our students and faculty
- Increase awareness of the Department to both internal (students, faculty, staff) and external audiences (alumni, parents, employers, potential students, graduate programs, etc.)
- Recruit, retain, and graduate quality students
- Seek and earn COSMA accreditation for Sport Management
- Provide leadership opportunities for students, faculty and staff within the Department
The Vision, Goals & Strategies were developed by students in the fall 2010 SPMG 428 course. Click here for full Strategic Plan.
- Lead the campus in educating students and faculty about achieving and maintaining optimal health and wellness