|Relay for Life
Fredonia Days of Service
The Days of Service will combine volunteer efforts and service-learning projects at
various locations throughout the community. These volunteer/ service projects will
be held from November 7 through the 12. Times will vary between 9am and 6pm. If you
are interested in lending a helping hand in the community please Click Here.
Calling all Freshmen!
Have you ever volunteered at a soup kitchen or for Habitat for Humanity? Have you
ever wanted to do more to help others or make a difference in someone's life?
Stop by the Volunteer and Community Services Office located in the Williams Center,
room S-227, and learn about the opportunities available to you. To view students engaging
in volunteer services click here.
About Volunteer and Community Services
The Volunteer and Community Services Program provides volunteer opportunities for students to help build sustainable and meaningful
partnerships in the community. This program assists students with real world experience
while enriching the lives of others and enhancing their academic experience. In addition,
the office provides advisement and resources to faculty and staff. It is dedicated
to promoting volunteerism and service learning experiences in and outside the classroom.
Interaction with people from the community can help with recommendations for future
jobs. There are many positive aspects to being a volunteer; especially feeling good
about making a difference.
What you will gain from service...
- A broader concern for the welfare of others
- A sense of doing something worthwhile
- A feeling of satisfaction and increased self esteem
- Improved Communication skills
- Openness to persons different than yourself
- Openness to new experiences
- Personal Power
- Valuable experiences related to your chosen career
Three R’s to volunteering...
- Responsibility - A great deal of responsibility goes into volunteering. The agency needs to know
when they will be able to count on you to help. It is important to have good communication
with both the volunteer agency and the volunteer program. All activities and responsibilities
outlined in the contract between the agency and the volunteer must be followed.
- Reward is found in knowing that you are making a difference in someone’s life.
- Recreation is found in choosing a volunteer site that interests you.