Thank you for your interest in the Fredonia Career Connection! Your participation in this program is an invaluable tool for students and alumni who are trying to gather information that will help them make good career decisions.
What is expected of me as a mentor?
The Fredonia Career Connection is part of Quest, our online system for students, alumni and employers. Students will be able to search the mentor database and choose mentors by clicking an INTERESTED button. An e-mail with Fredonia Career Connection as the subject will automatically be sent to you, informing you that a particular student has expressed interest in contacting you. Your reply can be brief, verifying your willingness to help, asking what questions the student has, and suggesting either continuing by e-mail or setting up a phone conversation. Be sure to continue using Fredonia Career Connection in the subject line.
You will want to establish the extent of your availability early in your contact. You may choose to communicate only by e-mail and/or by telephone. If you decide to meet, your workplace is the most desired meeting place, but restaurants or other public places would also be appropriate. Only one interaction with each student is expected, unless you choose to continue to advise the student or graduate informally. We will market this program to students; but there is no way to predict how many students will contact you, if any.
How do I sign up?
Begin by completing the information on the Mentor Profile and Registration Form. Some of the information on the form is for internal use; and some of the information will be used by students as they search for a mentor. Students can search by major, job function/career field, location, and by keywords; but they will not be able to view your address unless you give permission. You will be able to indicate how you want students to contact you (phone or e-mail), the type of mentoring activities you are willing to provide, and the maximum number of students who can express interest. Be sure to make your profile active by indicating "yes" in the Active field.
NOTE: After you complete your registration, you will receive a request to verify your e-mail. For security purposes, your mentor account cannot be created unless you respond to the verification e-mail.
How can I make changes to my information?
To change any of this information after your initial registration, click on the Quest logo, and log in with the username and password you created. Click on profile; make your changes in any of the tabs; and click Save Changes. If you will be away for an extended period of time or need to take a break from mentoring, you can change your response in the Active field to "no" until you are available again. Please edit your profile to keep your contact information up-to-date.
How can I provide a good experience for the student or graduate?
There are many things you can do to be helpful. The student should be prepared with questions to ask you; but just sharing your experiences, your career path, and remembering the difficulty involved in making career choices would be a good start. Offering information about your experiences can help put a student at ease. What do you wish you had known before you graduated or selected your career? Here are some potential topics for discussion:
- Describe what you do in your current position, important skills to have, as well as the joys and challenges of the job.
- Ask about the student's academic program and point out any connections between coursework and practical applications. Some students may not have selected a major and are simply exploring career options.
- Offer information about related professional associations, publications, or web sites that can be used as resources for more information about your career field or location.
- Review the types of positions available in your field, how to get started, current hiring and trends. You are not, however, expected to help students or graduates find specific employment.
- We provide a list of possible questions to help students think about what to ask, but you should not expect to answer all of them.
- If you are meeting at your workplace, a tour may be appropriate.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact the Career Development Office at 716-673-3327 or e-mail email@example.com. We hope you will enjoy your experience as a mentor!