Internship Program - Checklist for Credit
Why Intern? | Getting Started | Getting Credit | Search for Internships
Follow these steps to get credit...
- Talk to your advisor about doing an internship.
- Determine if you are eligible (minimum GPA of 2.0 and completion of at least 30 credit hours).
- Schedule an appointment to talk with a counselor at the CDO to explore options, identify internship opportunities, develop effective resumes and cover letters, and polish your internship/job seeking skills.
- Interview with the host Site Supervisor (if required).
- Meet with the internship Faculty Sponsor of your department.
- Register for your internship course with your department.
- Understand how many hours you must work to earn the credit you register for (1 credit hour = 40 clock/work hours).
- Complete the Learning Contract for Experiential Education and obtain signatures.
- Submit your completed and signed Learning Contract for Experiential Education to the Internship Coordinator at the CDO.
- During your internship, complete and submit your Mid-term and Final Evaluation Forms to your Faculty Sponsor.
- Submit your journal, paper, or other required documents to your Faculty Sponsor.
Contact the CDO at (716) 673-3327 or stop by to schedule an appointment, obtain a Learning Contract, and find potential internship site locations.