Ana Maria Klein, Ph. D.
Associate Professor of Multicultural Education and Mathematics Education
Office: TH E282 Phone: (716) 673-3147
I have been a member of the College of Education faculty since the fall of 2001. I
teach undergraduate and graduate courses in mathematics and cultural studies. I am
a former elementary school teacher, and have lived and taught overseas. I am a life-long
learner enjoying new challenges and goals. I have served in administrative and governance
positions at Fredonia, (Senate Chair, 2008-2009, Department Chair, 2008-2011). I am
currently Program Coordinator for the C & I Graduate Program. I enjoy balancing my
teaching, service and scholarly activities and have published three single-authored
books, over a dozen single-authored refereed articles, various shared articles with
colleagues and presented at international conferences in Budapest, Granada, Oxford,
Montreal, Vancouver, and the U.S. in the past thirteen years at Fredonia.
- I teach undergraduate site-based cultural and linguistic diversity courses, mathematics
methods courses, graduate cultural studies, activity-oriented mathematics and research
- Integration of Common Core Standards
- Humanizing the Instruction of Mathematics
- Knowledge Management
- Diaspora and Holocaust Curricula
- Klein, A. (2014). Solar panels and the Fibonnacci Sequence: Integrating Common Core Mathematics Standards & learning from our students. NY: The New York State Mathematics Teachers’ Journal. Vol. 64, (1) pp. 40-43.
- Klein, A. (2013). Humanizing mathematics and science education. Champaign, IL:The International Journal of Literary Humanities. (Vol 10, (2) pp.
- Klein, A. (2013). Mathematical knowledge-management. Champaign, IL: Knowledge Management, an International Journal. Vol 12, (1) pp.1-7.
- Klein, A. (2012). Content knowledge-confidence for teacher-candidates. NY: The New York State Mathematics Teachers’ Journal. Vol .62 (2) pp. 57-60.
- Klein, A. (2012). A diaspora curriculum. Urbana, Champaign, IL: The International Humanities Journal. Vol.9 (5) pp. 202-210.
- Klein, A. (2013). University Course Content Delivered through Peripheral Readings Instead of Textbooks. Budapest, Hungary. The 12th International Humanities Conference.
- Klein, A. (2012). Mathematical knowledge management. Chicago, IL. The 12th. International Management Conference.
- Klein, A. (2012). Humanizing math/science education through discursive meaning-making, real-life applications and accessible technology. Montreal, Qc. The 11th. International Humanities Conference.
- Klein, A. (2011). Towards a Diaspora Curriculum. Humanities Conference, Granada, Spain.
- Klein, A. (2010). Polarization & pauperization in Venezuela. Management Conference 2010 Hautes Etudes Commerciales, Montreal, Qc.
- Klein, A. (2010). Teaching early childhood mathematics creatively. Educating the Creative Mind Conference, Kean University, NJ.
- Ph.D. 2000, Curriculum & Instruction, McGill University, Montreal-Canada
- MA 1992, Instructional Psychology, Universidad Central de Venezuela
- BA 1980, Modern Languages, Universidad Metropolitana, Caracas-Venezuela