You are eligible to participate in one of two Commencement ceremonies in the Steele Hall arena on Saturday, May 18, 2013, if:
- You completed or anticipate completing bachelor's/master's degree or advanced certificate requirements in January, May or August 2013.
- You completed degree or certificate requirements in August or December 2012, and did not participate in either of the May 2012 Commencement ceremonies.
Students who are no more than 12 credit hours short who have completed an Appeal form and turned it into the Registrar's Office by the April 5, 2013 deadline and have been approved may also participate.
There is no application to graduate, but you must apply for your degree. Applications are available in the Office of the Registrar in Reed Library and must be completed by Feb. 12, 2013. There is no fee to apply for a degree.
2013 Dual Ceremony Information
Graduates should verify with their families their assigned ceremony. Commencement tickets will be color-coded for each ceremony.
For double majors, the ceremony a graduate participates in will be according to the primary major - the one in which the graduate will receive their degree.
10 a.m. Ceremony:
Ticket Colors - Lime (Arena) and Peach (Video)
- Accounting and Public Accountancy
- Biology (including Adolescence Education)
- Business Administration (all specialties, including Music Industry)
- Chemistry (including Adolescence Education)
- Communication Disorders and Sciences (including Speech and Language Pathology, and Speech and Hearing Handicapped)
- Computer Science and Computer Information Systems
- Education (including Early Childhood Education, Childhood Education, Childhood Inclusive Education, Literacy Education, Curriculum and Instruction, TESOL, Bilingual ITI, and Advanced Certificate in TESOL, School District Leadership and School Building Leadership)
- Geosciences, Geochemistry (and all specialties including Earth Science and Adolescence Education)
- Industrial Management
- Interdisciplinary Studies (Environmental Sciences)
- Mathematics (including Applied Mathematics, Middle Childhood - Mathematics Specialist, and Adolescence Education)
- Medical Technology
- Molecular Genetics
- Physics (including Adolescence Education)
3 p.m. Ceremony:
Ticket Colors - Grey (Arena) and Yellow (Video)
- Communication (all specialties)
- Criminal Justice
- English (including Adolescence Education)
- French (including Adolescence Education)
- History (including Social Studies, Adolescence Education: Social Studies)
- Interdisciplinary Studies (major programs including Self-Design, American Studies, Arts Administration, International Studies, Legal Studies and Women's Studies)
- Music (all areas/specialties including Music-Applied, Music Education, Music Performance, Composition, Sound Recording Technology, Music Therapy, Musical Theatre and Theory/Composition)
- Political Science
- Social Work
- Spanish (including Adolescence Education)
- Sport Management and Exercise Science
- Theatre (all areas including Acting, Theatrical Production and Design, and Musical Theatre)
- Visual Arts and New Media (all specialties, including Art History)