Assessment and Accreditation
The department is pursuing ABET accreditation. We will post our progress as well as the results of our assessment here.
Student Learning Outcomes:
In accordance with the department mission to provide outstanding education to its students, we expect our graduates to develop:
A. An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline.
B. An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
C. An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
D. An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
E. An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
F. An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
G. An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
H. Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development.
I. An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
J. An ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices.
K. An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity.
Advisory Board of the Department:
- David Christian, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, Countermeasures Branch, Naval Surface Warfare Center, Indian Head, MD
- Robert Fritzinger, Director of SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator, Dunkirk, NY
- Joan Lucas, Ph.D., Department Chair, Department of Computer Science, SUNY Brockport, Brockport, NY
- John J. Malayny, Student, Department of Computer and Information Sciences, SUNY Fredonia, Fredonia, NY
- Matt Mombrea, CTO, Cypress North, Buffalo, NY
- Jonathan Nalewajek, Senior Mobile Developer, Cypress North, Buffalo, NY
- Hung Q. Ngo, Ph.D., Director of Graduate Studies, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, SUNY University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- Mircea Nicolescu, Ph.D., Chair of Assessment and Accreditation Committee, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Nevada, Reno, NV
- Andrew Parker, Senior Developer, ShoreGroup, Inc, Syracuse, NY
- Rachael L. Reinis, Student, Department of Computer and Information Sciences, SUNY Fredonia, Fredonia, NY
- Andrew Slutsky, Computer Scientist, Department of Navy at the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center in San Diego, CA
- Ramalingam Sridhar, Ph.D., Director of Undergraduate Studies, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, SUNY University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- Jeremy E. Topolski, Student, Department of Computer and Information Sciences, SUNY Fredonia, Fredonia, NY
- Adam Vincent, CEO and founder, Cyber Squared, Arlington, VA
- Ryan Wolf, President/CIO, Silicon Wolves Computing Society LLC, Dunkirk, NY