Whats so exciting about Mathematical Science at SUNY Fredonia
- The faculty have a strong interest in helping their students learn, both in and outside the classroom.
- The faculty offices surround a study area that the students have named the Fishbowl. Its central location in the department promotes informal exchanges among students, and is a signal that they are welcome to spend time in the department and interact with each other and with the faculty.
- Occasionally, on Friday afternoon, our Math Club holds Pizza and Problem Solving sessions. The solutions by the group that have been published in various journals over the years are posted on the walls of the Fishbowl.
- Another Math Club activity is to sponsor road trips to mathematics conferences. Traditionally, SUNY Fredonia has the largest contingent attending the semiannual meetings of the Seaway Section of the Mathematical Association of America.
- Majors who perform well are invited to join the Honors Program. There is a special honors course each year, culminating in a senior thesis. The Honors Program is excellent preparation for graduate school!
For further information visit Department of Mathematical Sciences.
© SUNY Fredonia