- Improving auditory processing skills and compensatory strategies leads to improved
reading, writing, language and academic performance.
- Therapy for Central Auditory Processing Disorders (CAPD) is provided individually
for a minimum of two 50 minute sessions per week . Therapy may consists of utilizing
computer software, The Phonemic Synthesis Program, and various other activities to
target an individual's areas of weakness.
To enhance skills in the areas of:
- Decoding: accurately and quickly understanding what is heard
- Tolerance fading memory: understanding speech under adverse conditions, and improving
short term memory
- Integration: improving phonological awareness skills, increasing response time, and
improving expressive language skills
- Developing compensatory strategies to assist in activities of daily living
- Improving academic performance
- The Youngerman Center Clinic operates from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday
during the University Academic Calendar.