The Youngerman Center participates with most of the major private insurance companies.
Affiliated companies include:
- Community Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Independent Health
- Nova Health Care Administrators
- United Health Care-Empire Plan
- North American Preferred
- Medicare (audiology services only)
- Insurance covers an evaluation (with referral as appropriate) when a communication or hearing disorder is suspected.
- Co-pays are the responsibility of the individual.
- Insurance will not cover an evaluation for foreign accent.
- Individuals who do not have insurance will be responsible for the cost of an evaluation.
- If therapy is recommended and no insurance coverage is available, the individual can apply for the center's sliding fee scale program. A fee will be determined based on combined household income.
If you have a question about Insurance coverage, applying for a reduced fee, or your bill, please contact: Cathy Derby, (716) 673-3203, Cathleen.Derby@fredonia.edu