The center is open from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday though Thursday and operates according
to SUNY Fredonia's academic calendar
- The Youngerman Center accepts referrals from physicians, other health care professionals,
school personnel, family members, and self-referrals.
- Physician referrals are required for some of the HMO Insurance Companies. Specific
information about your insurance requirements will be discussed when you call to set
up an appointment. Otherwise, anyone can make a referral if there is a concern about
an individual's speech, language or hearing.
- There are no eligibility requirements regarding age, type of disorder or severity
of disorder other than a required referral from a physician in some cases.
- People of all ages from the toddler to geriatric age level are eligible.
- An evaluation of speech-language skills or hearing is normally required at the first
- The evaluation will allow for a determination of the type and extent of the speech
language or hearing disorder.
- Following the completion of the evaluation, a report will be written detailing the
results of the testing completed and the type and severity of the disorder.
- If therapy is recommended for a speech-language disorder, the report will include
recommended long- and short-term therapy goals.
- Individual therapy sessions can be provided at the Youngerman Center on a twice a
week basis for 50 minute sessions.
The Youngerman Center for Communication Disorders supports equitable treatment of
clients. No individual shall be discriminated against based upon race or ethnicity,
religion, age, gender, disability, or sexual orientation. We provide all services
in a manner consistent with the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Code of Ethics.
To schedule an appointment
Speech-language Services (Evaluations and Therapy): Julie Williams (Clinic Director) at (716) 673-3203.
Hearing Evaluation and Hearing Aid Adjustments: Annette Caruso (Clinic Receptionist) at (716) 673-3203.
Balance Testing(ENG): Annette Caruso (Clinic Receptionist) at (716) 673-3203.
Auditory Processing Evaluations (CAPD): Annette Caruso (Clinic Receptionist) at (716) 673-3203.