Welcome to the General Education Revision Website!
Click image for PDF download.
The DRAFT of our initial vision for a revised General Education Program at SUNY Fredonia is now available!
To view on-line (with fast-links to sections), click here.
Or you can download a PDF of the proposal document
We are hosting a series of forums to discuss the proposed revision to the general education program:
- Wednesday, March 6, 3:30 - 4:30pm, S204E Williams Center
- Tuesday, March 12, 8:00 - 9:00am, G103C Williams Center
- Thursday, March 14, 3:00 - 4:00pm, G103C Williams Center
- Friday, March 15, 12:00 - 1:00pm, S204D Williams Center
- Monday, March 18, 8:30 - 9:30am, G103C Williams Center
The General Education Revision Subcommittee is charged with the following:
- Provide an initial revised General Education implementation proposal to the Senate Executive Committee two Mondays before the October 2013 Senate meeting.
- Work with the General Education Committee, Senate Executive Committee, the Campus Initiatives Roundtable, and the President’s Cabinet to prepare the document by the Monday before the November 2013 Senate meeting for presentation to the Senate.
- Collect feedback using a range of methods from the campus as a whole and use that feedback to complete a final implementation proposal by the Monday before the December 2013 Senate meeting.
- Consult with the General Education Committee as they prepare a final implementation proposal by the Monday before the February 2014 Senate meeting for a vote by the Senate.
- Once the Senate has approved and the President has ratified the final implementation proposal, oversee the implementation of the revised General Education program during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- The Subcommittee’s role during this oversight process will be to collect and deliberate on program changes and course proposals and make formal recommendations to the General Education Committee.
- Create a final report document on the implementation of the revised General Education program and present it to Senate no later than the May 2015 meeting.
Sherri "Sam" Mason, Committee Chair, Chemistry
Carl Lam, Student Representative
Juan De Urda, Modern Languages
Julie Fitzpatrick, Business Administration
Kirstin Hanley, English
Mark Suida, Campus Life
Nancy Hagedorn, History
Patricia Corron, Music
Nancy Boynton, Mathematics