We offer INTERNSHIPS to students who desire to gain hands-on
experience in professional geoscience-related industries and government
agencies. Internships earn college credit (through GEO 445 -
Geosciences Internship), and some positions also provide monetary
renumeration, at the discretion of the employer.
Recent Undergraduate INTERNSHIPS secured for Fredonia Geosciences Students:
- U.S. National Park Service (e.g., White Sands)
- U.S. Department of Energy (West Valley Nuclear Site)
- U.S. Natural Resources Conservation Service (Jamestown)
- NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (Olean; Dunkirk)
- SUNY Fredonia Maintenance and Operations (G.I.S. application)
- Alleghany County Department of Health
- Cattaraugus County Department of Health
- Chautauqua County Department of Health; Department of Planning; Department of Public
- Chautauqua County Soil and Water Conservation District
- City of Dunkirk Department of Public Works
- Dunn Geoscience Corp.
- Gartner Lee, Inc.
- Chautauqua Watershed Conservancy
Students desiring information about the Geosciences Internship Program should contact
Dr. Michael P. Wilson via e-mail at Michael.Wilson@fredonia.edu