Requirements for Majors in Interdisciplinary Studies Degree Program
1. Each student who chooses a major program is advised by the program coordinator
or a member of the cadre of faculty from the lead department for each major.
2. For students who pursue an individualized major, formal completion and submission
of the degree plan proposal must be approved by the Associate Vice President for Curriculum
and Academic Support .
3. All students in these major programs must complete the university's requirements
for the College Core Curriculum and earn the number of credit hours required outside
of the major.
4. A maximum of 45 credit hours in any one discipline may count toward the 120 credit
hours total required for the baccalaureate.
5. The proposed major must constitute at least 36 credit hours of which no more than
15 credit hours may come from one discipline. At least 24 of those 36 credit hours
must be at the 300-400 level.
6. A minimum of 36 credit hours of 300-400 level courses must be included overall
in the 120 hours required for graduation.
Requirements for the Minor in Interdisciplinary Studies
An Interdisciplinary Studies minor is a group of six to nine courses centering on
a topic or problem studied from many different points of view. Each minor may be studied
in combination with any major. At present, interdisciplinary minors are available
* African American Studies
* American Indian Studies
* American Studies
* Dance Studio Administration
* Film Studies
* Geographic Information Systems
* International Studies
* Latino Studies
* Leadership Studies
* Legal Studies
* Ethnic Studies
* Museum Studies
* Public Health
* Religious Studies
* Russian, East-European, and Eurasian Studies
* Sport and Exercise Studies
* Web Programming
* Women's Studies