The Department offers B.A. degrees in Sociology and Criminal Justice. We offer a B.S degree in Social Work. We also offer three minors: Anthropology, Criminal Justice, and Sociology. We are pleased to coordinate the Interdisciplinary Public Health Minor.
Department Learning Outcomes
1. Students will develop critical thinking skills in order to promote enhanced problem solving and decision making.
2. Students will develop writing skills to the level of an entry level professional or a beginning graduate student.
3. Students will develop ability to comprehend the complexity and diversity of human societies and cultures.
4. Students will develop abilities to frame questions, design research projects, collect data, analyze data, and draw valid conclusions from these data.
5. Students will develop ability to understand and apply the major conceptual orientations and theoretical frameworks used by their disciplines and/or professions.