Did you know...?
- 74% of working battered women are harassed by their abusive partners on the job; and of them:
- 54% miss at least 18 days of work each year
- 56% are late for work on at least 60 days each year
- 28% leave work early on at least 60 days each year
- 20% lose their jobs altogether
Battered women consistently identify the lack of financial resources as a primary obstacle to separating from their abusive partners. For working women, battering can further weaken their financial security by compromising their ability to perform and keep their jobs.