2014 July EDP Workshop for Expanded Learning
The Educational Development Program sponsors a first-year workshop designed to acquaint new students with the university, its faculty, staff, and services.
The 2014 July Workshop was held July 10-25. It is viewed as the beginning of a learning experience which we hope will be culminated
by formal and informal workshop sessions which include:
- An introduction to the philosophy, goals, policies, and procedures of the Educational
Development Program in order to help the student become more familiar with the EDP
- A discussion of the policies and procedures governing financial assistance to help
the student gain a better understanding of the financial assistance available to the
student and how to utilize them.
- A review of academic policies and expectations of the college to help the student
become familiar and connected to Fredonia State.
- Descriptions of various administrative and academic departmental offices and key personnel
which will give the student an extra edge as they begin their college career.
- Assessment testing to help the EDP staff become familiar with the student's academic
strengths and weaknesses.
- Academic advisement to allow the student extra time to get to know their EDP counselor
and how they can help them.
The July workshop is just the beginning of the on-going process that will help
the EDP student excel in their academic standing. Required of all program students
to attend the university's summer orientation and the July workshop, it is found that they have a better idea of why they are here
and what must be accomplished to be successful.
2014 EDP first-year students attended the July 10-11 orientation where they registered for fall 2014 classes and participated in a variety of social activities and informational workshops. Click here for more orientation details and here for FAQs.