The following resources are collected here to shed light on the theories and practices of service-learning, and to facilitate the integration of service into curriculum.
Toolkits, Fact Sheets, and Databases
Critical Discussions and Resources
Service-Learning in the Disciplines
- Ideas for Service-Learning in Capstones: from Campus Compact, and UTM examples,
- Exercise Science
- Philosophy [Kirby, Katherine E. "Encountering and Understanding Suffering: The Need for Service Leaning in Ethical Education." Teaching Philosophy 32, no. 2 (June 2009): 153-176. MLA International Bibliography, EBSCOhost (accessed June 3, 2010)].
- Spanish [Beebe, Rose Marie, and Elena M. De Costa. "Teaching beyond the Classroom: The Santa Clara University Eastside Project Community Service and the Spanish Classroom." Hispania: A Journal Devoted to the Teaching of Spanish and Portuguese 76, no. 4 (December 1993): 884-891. MLA International Bibliography, EBSCOhost (accessed June 3, 2010).]
- Sample Syllabi from Across the Disciplines
- "101 Ideas for Combining Service and Learning" (a list of ideas organized by discipline)
- "The Humanities and Citizenship: A Challenge for Service-Learning" by George. B. Handley