Instructions for Downloading NYS 1:24,000 Scale Quadrangles
by Ann Deakin, Geosciences
- Go to the NYS GIS Clearinghouse website
- Click on the Data Sharing Cooperative button on the left
- Click on the link to "Participants and Their GIS Inventories"
- Scroll down to "Transportation, Dept. of"
- Click on the "List of data sets" link
- Click on the link to "New York State 1:24,000 Scale Quadrangles"
- Follow the directions from there...
The TIFF files work in MapInfo, ArcView, Adobe Photoshop, etc. If you use them in
a GIS package, the quads are GeoTIFFs so when they display in the Map or View window
they are georeferenced. They’re projected in UTM NAD 27 Zone 17.