|Basic Requirements | Department Requirements | International Student Requirements
In addition to the basic requirements for a graduate application, other materials may be required based on the program that you are applying for.
- $75 Application Fee
- Graduate Application
- Statement of Intent
- 2 Letters of Recommendation*
- Online: Add your provider's name and email and select the online option on the application. An email will be sent to the provider with login information that will allow him/her to complete the required rating scale and upload a written narrative letter
- Offline: The offline recommendation form* must be submitted with any offline letter.
- Credentials File: Only acceptable if the offline recommendation form* is submitted for at least two of the letters included in the file.
- A copy of your transcripts can be uploaded directly to the application. Upon acceptance to graduate school, you will then need to submit official transcripts.
( Send official transcripts directly to the Graduate Studies Office, 2142 Fenton Hall)
Department Requirements by Program
Several programs require specific materials as requested by the department. Some programs may require an interview as part of their application review process.
- Proof of New York Teaching Certification
- Writing Sample
An eight-to-20 page research essay should demonstrate the applicant's interpretive, critical and writing skills. The paper must include a works cited page evidencing knowledge of proper citation format (MLA, Chicago, APA)
Music Performance, Theory/Composition, Music Ed. Recital Track
click here for more international student information