Basic Requirements | Department Requirements | International Student Requirements
In addition to the basic requirements for a graduate application, other materials
may be required based on the program that you are applying for.
- $75 Application Fee
- Graduate Application
- Statement of Intent
- 2 Letters of Recommendation*
- Online: Add your provider's name and email and select the online option on the application.
An email will be sent to the provider with login information that will allow him/her
to complete the required rating scale and upload a written narrative letter
- Offline: The offline recommendation form* must be submitted with any offline letter.
- Credentials File: Only acceptable if the offline recommendation form* is submitted for at least two of the letters included in the file.
- A copy of your transcripts can be uploaded directly to the application. Upon acceptance
to graduate school, you will then need to submit official transcripts.
( Send official transcripts directly to the Graduate Studies Office, E230A Thompson Hall )
Department Requirements by Program
Several programs require specific materials as requested by the department. Some programs may require an interview as part of their application review process.
- Proof of New York Teaching Certification
- Writing Sample
An eight-to-20 page research essay should demonstrate the applicant's interpretive,
critical and writing skills. The paper must include a works cited page evidencing
knowledge of proper citation format (MLA, Chicago, APA)
- English Essay
A graduate-level 800-1,200 word short essay in English which addresses the following
question: "Describe your reasons for pursuing a graduate degree in TESOL and support
your rationale with specific information pertinent to your desired degree."
- LOTE Essay
- Additional Requirements for Non-Native Speakers of English
Music Performance, Theory/Composition, Music Ed. Recital Track
click here for more international student information
- FSA-3 Form
Download the form
- FSA-4 Form & Financial Support paperwork
Download the form
- TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS score report
- Transcript evaluated by WES, or an equivalent: Transcripts submitted for admission
consideration must meet the following criteria:
- All information must be written in English
- Course and semester grades must be displayed in the 4.0 GPA scale
- The cumulative GPA must be displayed in the 4.0 GPA scale