Mac OS X Instructions
These instructions will guide you through installing, configuring, and using the Secure
File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) client on your Macintosh using OS X.
1. The first step is to download the client setup program to your Macintosh. It can
be found at http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/fugu/download.html. Once you are at the site, click on the Fugu English.dmg to download.
2. It is recommended that you save the installer to a location where you will be able
to easily find it, such as the desktop. After it has finished downloading, it will
appear on the desktop.
3. Once it has finished downloading, double click on your hard drive, which usually
goes by the name of Macintosh HD or Startup Disk. Then, drag the Fugu icon on the
desktop to your Applications folder.
4. At this point, you want to drag the Fugu icon from the Applications folder onto
your dock. This will give you an easy to access shortcut that is readily available.
5. You are ready to open up and use Fugu now. Go ahead and click on Fugu on the dock.
The following window should come up.
6.To connect to your server storage space -
a) enter fsfiles.Fredonia.edu in the box following Connect to.
b) Insert your Network Logon Username in the box following Username
c) Click on the connect button.
7. You will be prompted for your password. Enter it in the box and then click on Authenticate.
8. You will now be logged on to your server storage (U: drive). In the SFTP window,
you will see two columns. The left-side column shows the files on your local computer.
The right-side column shows the files on your server storage.
9. To move files between your local computer and your server storage, you can drag-and
-drop the files to initiate the upload/download process. The time it takes to copy
files depends on the size of the files and the speed of your internet connection.