Program GuidelinesThe intent of this program is to provide a means to assist employees who, because
of long term illness, have exhausted their leave benefits and would otherwise be subject
to a loss of income during a continuing absence from work.
Eligibility to DonateIn order to donate vacation credits, an employee must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
Donations must be made in full day (7.5 or 8 hour) units.The identity of donors may
not be disclosed by college management.Employees may not donate vacation credits which
would otherwise have been forfeited.Note: Donated leave is taken from the donor's
balance at the time it is needed by the recipient, not necessarily at the time of
- Must be employed in the same agency or department as the employee to whom donations
are made, though not necessarily at the same facility or location, OR be a family
member of an eligible recipient employed in a different agency than the donor.
- Must have a minimum vacation balance of at least 10 days after making the donation.
Eligibility to Receive Donations*
- In order to receive donated leave credits, an employee must meet the following eligibility
- Must be employee in a union affiliated or M/C designated position.
- Be subject to the Attendance Rules or otherwise eligible to earn leave credits.
- Be absent due to a non-occupational personal injury or disability for which medical
documentation satisfactory to management is submitted.
- Have exhausted all leave credits.
- Be expected to continue to be absent for at least two biweekly payroll periods following
exhaustion of leave credits or sick leave at half-pay.
- Must not have had any disciplinary actions or unsatisfactory performance evaluations
within the last three years.