Sample Interview Questions
- If you were hired for this job, what areas would you make an immediate impact?
- In what areas do you think you will need guidance?
- How will you approach learning this "new" job?
- How will you approach acquiring new skill sets?
- Describe the most difficult situation you have faced in your career and how you managed
- Describe some problems you encountered in your most recent position and how you resolved
- What specific steps do you utilize in solving workplace problems?
- What are some of the things that you and your supervisor disagree upon and how do
you resolve them?
- What do you do when you are pressed for a decision?
- In your last job what kinds of pressure did you encounter and how did you react?
- What kind of work interests you the most?
- What kind of work interests you the least?
- How would your references describe you?
- Name five characteristics that describe you.
- Are you a self-starter? Please provide specific examples.
- How does your present position differ from past ones?
- What would you like to avoid completely in your next job?
- How did you prepare for this interview?
- What are your professional goals for the next 3-5 years?
- Tell me about something you did recently that was not part of your job?
- How have you grown in your current job?
- What kinds of skills did you use in your past job?
- What are you seeking in your next job?
- What type of compliments do you receive from your peers or supervisors?
- What happens when two priorities compete for your time?
- Can you describe a recent situation in which you accomplished an important objective
in a brief period of time?
- How do you handle repetitive tasks?
- Tell me about the last time you missed a goal or deadline.
- How do you keep others informed on work issues?
- When was the last time something upset you at work? What did you do?
- How do you ensure all of your work gets accomplished in a productive manner?
- What was the biggest professional risk you have taken and what was the outcome?
- Tell me about the last time you had to work with someone inside or outside of your
department to accomplish a goal.
- Describe a situation where you were successful in directing the work of others.
- Describe a situation when you dealt with a difficult person and how you resolved it.
- If your supervisor criticized you unfairly, how did/would you handle it?
- What do you expect from this job?
- What do you know about SUNY and Fredonia?
- What do you like best about what you have learned about this job?
- What concerns do you have about this job?
- What do you see as your primary qualifications for this job?