After paying your admissions deposit, you will be added to an email list from the
International Student Services Office. You will begin to receive important emails
throughout the weeks leading up to your semester start date. Included in these emails
will be links to informational videos that the office has created to help you become
more aware of our campus before you arrive.
Below are some helpful reminder on what to pack. Please keep in mind that we will
escort you to local stores within the first couple days you are on campus. You will
also have the chance to buy items such as bed linens, blankets, small furniture, groceries,
cell phone and so forth.
What to pack:
- Clothes: The weather in Fredonia varies greatly throughout the year. In August, you
will need cool, light clothing, as temperatures and humidity levels will generally
be high. September through mid-November is generally pleasant with plenty of sun and
moderate temperatures. Heavy snowfall is unlikely, but not unheard of, before late
November. By late December, cold temperatures and high snowfall totals will probably
make winter coats, hats, and gloves a daily necessity. From December to early April
cold temperatures and frequent snowfall are to be expected. May is somewhat rainy,
but pleasant with milder temperatures.
- Credit card or traveler's checks, a small amount of US currency
- Textbooks in your native language
- Prescription medication & written prescription
- Movies, video games, music to play on your lap top, mp3 player, calculator, dictionary.
- The U.S. uses 120V, 60 Hz electrical outlet systems with flat blade plugs & flat blade
with round grounding pin plugs. Be sure that your electronics meets these standards
or that you have a converter/adapter.
Important documents to bring with you:
- Passport - Be sure that your passport is not expired
- I-20 Form
- Admission letter from SUNY Fredonia
- FSA-4 Financial Statement and supporting documents
- Health History Form and official immunization record (in English)
- A letter, in English, from your insurance company confirming your health coverage
Phone Card & Emergency Phone Numbers
If you have any questions or concerns leading up to your first semester, please email
or call the office.