Tax Filing Obligation

Federal and State Tax Filing Requirements and Forms 

International students must submit certain tax forms each year, regardless of whether or not any income was earned.  Below are the federal and state filing forms for the 2010 tax year.  All students must complete US Form 8843.  If you earned income in the US then you may need to complete additional forms.  Please read the instructions for each form to determine applicability.

Federal:   Form 8843 and Instructions
Federal:   Form 1040NR-EZ         Instructions for Form 1040NR-EZ
Federal:   Form 843                    Instructions for Form 843
NY State: Form IT-203                Instructions for Form IT-203
NY State: Form IT-2


Page modified 5/1/15