Congratulations on your acceptance into SUNY Fredonia's study abroad program to the Institute for American Universities in France! The information below is in order of importance. Please follow the list accordingly.
Important Things To Do Immediately:
- Complete the IAU Application online
- Pay $750 non-refundable program deposit - on-line
- Lifelong Learning Visiting Student Application (for SUNY Community College and non-SUNY students)
- Apply for a passport if you don't already have one. You can download the application at: http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_830.html
- SUNY Fredonia students- Get your PIN card from your advisor and register for INED 403.01 Study Abroad: IAU-France. Important: You must change the number of credit hours to 15 because the default is 1.
- Other SUNY university students- Register for 15 credit hours at your home campus.
- SUNY Community College and Non-SUNY students- Complete the Lifelong Learning Visiting Student Application and submit that to the International Education Center at SUNY Fredonia. You will then need to register for 15 credit hours of INED 403.01 Study Abroad: IAU-France.
- Meet with your advisor to discuss your program abroad. SUNY Fredonia students should take the Overseas Study Course Approval Form and the Course Advisement Form with you to your appointment with your advisor. Return copies of both to the International Education Office.
All SUNY students are required to complete the Student Health Information form below. All SUNY students are required to have health insurance that covers them internationally. Please check with your insurance provider to verify your coverage. A copy of your insurance card and a letter from your insurance company stating your coverage abroad is required as proof of insurance. If you are not covered internationally, check space "B" on the Proof of Insurance Form.
France has a national insurance program. All students studying in France are required to purchase the national insurance. The cost for this insurance is already included in the budget.
If you plan to use financial aid to pay for your study abroad expenses, take the program budget and Financial Aid Arrangements form to the Financial Aid Office and speak with an advisor there.
Additional Required Forms:
SUNY Fredonia Students ONLY Forms:
- Make your airline reservations. The closest airport to the school is Marseille International Airport.
- RSVP to the Pre-Departure Orientation at SUNY Fredonia or your home campus.