Congratulations on your acceptance into SUNY Fredonia's exchange program to the Izmir
University of Economics in Turkey! The information below is in order of importance. Please follow the list accordingly.
Important Things To Do Immediately:
- IUE Application Form
- IUE Housing Form
- Pay $750 non-refundable program deposit on-line
Lifelong Learning Visiting Student Application (for SUNY Community College and non-SUNY students only)
- Apply for a passport if you don't already have one. You can download the application
- SUNY Fredonia students- Get your PIN card from your advisor and register for INED
409.01 Study Abroad: Izmir University of Econ -Turkey. Important: You must change
the credit hours to 15 because the default is 1.
- Other SUNY university students- Register for 15 credit hours at your home campus.
- SUNY Community College and Non-SUNY students- Complete the Lifelong Learning Visiting Student Application and submit that to the International Education Center at SUNY Fredonia. You will then
need to register for 15 credit hours of INED 409.01 Study Abroad: Izmir, Turkey.
- Meet with your advisor to discuss your program abroad. SUNY Fredonia students should take
the Overseas Study Course Approval Form and the Course Advisement Form with you to
your appointment with your advisor. Return copies of both to the International Education
All SUNY students are required to complete the Student Health Information form below. All
SUNY students are required to have health insurance that covers them internationally.
Please check with your insurance provider to verify your coverage. A copy of your
insurance card and a letter from your insurance company stating your coverage abroad
is required as proof of insurance. If you are not covered internationally, check space
"B" on the Proof of Insurance Form.
If you plan to use financial aid to pay for your study abroad expenses, take the program budget
and Financial Aid Arrangements form to the Financial Aid Office and speak with an
Additional Required Forms:
SUNY Fredonia Students ONLY Forms:
- All students are required for apply for a Student Visa for Turkey.
- Get 4 passport photos right away to aid in the visa processing.
- Make your airline reservations. The closest airport to the school is Izmir Adnan
Menderes International Airport.
- RSVP to the Pre-Departure Orientation at SUNY Fredonia or your home campus.
- Address: Sakarya Caddesi No:156, 35330 Balçova