Congratulations on your acceptance into SUNY Fredonia's exchange program to the Izmir University of Economics in Turkey! The information below is in order of importance. Please follow the list accordingly.
Important Things To Do Immediately:
- IUE Application Form
- IUE Housing Form
- Send in $750 program deposit
- Lifelong Learning Visiting Student Application (for non-SUNY students)
- Apply for a passport if you don't already have one. You can download the application at: http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_830.html
- SUNY Fredonia students- Get your PIN card from your advisor and register for 15 credit hours of INED 409.01 Study Abroad: Izmir, Turkey.
- Other SUNY students- Register for 15 credit hours at your home campus.
- Non-SUNY students- Complete the Lifelong Learning Visiting Student Application and submit that to the International Education Center at SUNY Fredonia. You will then need to register for 15 credit hours of INED 409.01 Study Abroad: Izmir, Turkey.
- Meet with your advisor to discuss your program abroad. SUNY Fredonia students should take the Overseas Study Course Approval Form and the Course Advisement Form with you to your appointment with your advisor. Return copies of both to the International Education Office.
All SUNY students are required to complete the Student Health Information form below. All SUNY students are required to have health insurance that covers them internationally. Please check with your insurance provider to verify your coverage. A copy of your insurance card and a letter from your insurance company stating your coverage abroad is required as proof of insurance. If you are not covered internationally, check space "B" on the Proof of Insurance Form.
If you plan to use financial aid to pay for your study abroad expenses, take the program budget and Financial Aid Arrangements form to the Financial Aid Office and speak with an advisor there.
Additional Required Forms:
SUNY Fredonia Students ONLY Forms:
- All students are required for apply for a Student Visa for Turkey.
- Get 4 passport photos right away to aid in the visa processing.
- Make your airline reservations. The closest airport to the school is Izmir Adnan Menderes International Airport.
- RSVP to the Pre-Departure Orientation at SUNY Fredonia or your home campus.
- Address: Sakarya Caddesi No:156, 35330 Balçova