Accepted Students England (NU)

Office of International Education

7 LoGrasso Hall
The State University of New York at Fredonia
Fredonia, NY 14063
(716) 673-3451

Congratulations on your acceptance into SUNY Fredonia's study abroad program to Northumbria University in Newcastle Upon Tyne, England! The information below is in order of importance. Please follow the list accordingly. 

Also, watch for an email message from a representative of Northumbria University.  It will have step by step instructions on how to complete their paperwork and information about next steps.


Important Things To Do Immediately:

  1. Northumbria Application- Complete the first three pages including Module selection and return this to SUNY Fredonia.
  2. Pay $750 non-refundable program deposit on-line
  3. Lifelong Learning Visiting Student Application (for SUNY Community College and non-SUNY students)
  4. Apply for a passport if you don't already have one. You can download the application at:

Registration Information:

  • SUNY Fredonia students- Get your PIN card from your advisor and register for INED 404.01 Study Abroad Northumbria England. Important:  You must change the credit hours to 15 because the default is 1.
  • Other SUNY university students- Register for 15 credit hours at your home campus.
  • SUNY Community College and Non-SUNY students- Complete the Lifelong Learning Visiting Student Application and submit that to the International Education Center at SUNY Fredonia. You will then need to register for 15 credit hours of INED 404.01 Study Abroad: Northumbria England.
  • Meet with your advisor to discuss your program abroad. SUNY Fredonia students should take the Overseas Study Course Approval form and the Course Advisement Form with you to your appointment with your advisor. Return copies of both to the International Education Office.

Health Forms:

All SUNY students are required to complete the Student Health Information form below. All SUNY students are required to have health insurance that covers them internationally. Please check with your insurance provider to verify your coverage. A copy of your insurance card and a letter from your insurance company stating your coverage abroad is required as proof of insurance. If you are not covered internationally, check space "B" on the Proof of Insurance Form.

Financial Aid:

If you plan to use financial aid to pay for your study abroad expenses, take the program budget and Financial Aid Arrangements form to the Financial Aid Office and speak with an advisor there.

Additional Required Forms:

SUNY Fredonia Students ONLY Forms:

Visa Information:

Travel Information:

Page modified 5/11/15