Congratulations on your acceptance into SUNY Fredonia's study abroad program to the
University of the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia! The information below is in order of importance. Please follow the list accordingly.
Important Things To Do Immediately:
- University of the Sunshine Coast Application
Pay $750 non-refundable program deposit online
Lifelong Learning Visiting Student Application (for SUNY Community College and non-SUNY students only)
- Apply for a passport if you don't already have one. You can download the application
- Apply for student housing at: http://www.unicentral.net.au/. Payment is also made online and due at time of reservation. Unicentral fills up
quickly. Please make this a priority.
- SUNY Fredonia students- Get your PIN card from your adviser and register for INED
437.01 Study Abroad USC Australia. IMPORTANT - you must change the number of credit
hours to 15 because the default is 1.
- Other SUNY university students- Register for 15 credit hours at your home campus.
- SUNY Community College and Non-SUNY students- Complete the Lifelong Learning Visiting Student Application and submit that to the International Education Center at SUNY Fredonia. You will then
need to register for 15 credit hours of INED 437.01 Study Abroad: USC-Australia.
- Meet with your advisor to discuss your program abroad. SUNY Fredonia students should take
the Overseas Study Course Approval form and the Course Advisement Form with you to
your appointment with your advisor. Return copies of both to the International Education
All SUNY students are required to complete the Student Health Information form below. All
SUNY students are required to have health insurance that covers them internationally.
Please check with your insurance provider to verify your coverage. A copy of your
insurance card and a letter from your insurance company stating your coverage abroad
is required as proof of insurance. If you are not covered internationally, check space
"B" on the Proof of Insurance Form.
- Student Health Information
- Proof of Health Insurance Form
- Health Insurance Waiver Form
- Compulsory Overseas Student Healthcover:
Overseas Student Healthcover (OSHC) is compulsory for student visa holders. If you
require OSHC, USC will arrange it for you with their preferred provider at no additional
cost. You do have the option to organize your own cover with an alternative provider,
however if you do, you will receive no refund from USC. It is important to be aware
that you are not limited to OSHC, which is the minimum healthcover required by the
Australian Government. You may like to consider additional health and travel insurance.
Any additional insurance is at your own expense. For more information about USC's
preferred healthcover provider, OSHCWorldcare, and the OSHC policy, go to <www.oshcworldcare.com.au>. Students covered under the Norwegian National Insurance Scheme or the Swedish National
Board of Student Aid or the compulsory health care insurance in Belgium (mutualiteit
- mutualité), do not require OSHC.
If you plan to use financial aid to pay for your study abroad expenses, take the program budget
and Financial Aid Arrangements form to the Financial Aid Office and speak with an
Additional Required Forms:
SUNY Fredonia Students ONLY Forms:
- All students are required for apply for an Australian Student Visa. Visa information
can be found on this website: http://www.immi.gov.au/students/
- A guide to student visas is provided by USC here.
- Get 4 passport photos right away if an international visa is required.