Congratulations on your acceptance into SUNY Fredonia's Student Teaching Program at
the University of the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia! The information below is in order of importance. Please follow the list accordingly.
Important Things To Do Immediately:
Pay $750 non-refundable program deposit on-line
- Apply for a passport if you don't already have one. You can download the application
- Apply for student housing immediately at: http://www.unicentral.net.au/. Payment is also made online and due at time of reservation. Unicentral fills up
quickly. Please make this a priority.
- SUNY Fredonia students- Get your PIN card from your advisor and register for 15 credit
hours of EDU Student Teaching.
- Other SUNY university students- Register for 15 credit hours at your home campus.
- Meet with your advisor to discuss your program abroad. SUNY Fredonia students should take
the Overseas Study Course Approval form and the Course Advisement Form with you to
your appointment with your advisor. Return copies of both to the International Education
All SUNY students are required to complete the Student Health Information form below.
All SUNY students are required to have health insurance that covers them internationally.
Please check with your insurance provider to verify your coverage. A copy of your
insurance card and a letter from your insurance company stating your coverage abroad
is required as proof of insurance. If you are not covered internationally, check space
"B" on the Proof of Insurance Form.
If you plan to use financial aid to pay for your study abroad expenses, take the program budget
and Financial Aid Arrangements form to the Financial Aid Office and speak with an
Additional Required Forms:
SUNY Fredonia Students ONLY Forms:
- All students are required for apply for an Australian Student Visa. Visa information
can be found on this website: http://www.immi.gov.au/students/
- A guide to student visas is provided by USC here.
- Get 4 passport photos right away if an international visa is required.