Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
- Recommended that students register
- The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service provided by the U.S. Government to U.S. citizens who are traveling
to, or living in, a foreign country.
- STEP allows you to enter information about your trip abroad so the Department of State
can better assist you in an emergency.
- STEP also allows provides information about the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.
SUNY HTH Health & Accident Insurance
- SUNY policy mandates that all students studying abroad have health and emergency assistance
- You will be automatically enrolled in and billed for the SUNY HTH Health Insurance unless you request a waiver of insurance.
- In some cases, the host institution overseas requires students to purchase a particular
international insurance policy. If this is the case, the cost of the host university
insurance will be included in the Program Charge and the Estimate of Costs from SUNY
Fredonia will indicate a charge for MEDEX only (see an explanation of MEDEX below.)
- Please note: Neither the State of New York, through its agents, nor the State University
of New York through its agents and employees, is responsible in any manner whatsoever
for the payment of any claim for health-related services provided to individuals covered
under this insurance policy. The State of New York and State University of New York
are not responsible for obligations incurred by individuals who are not covered by
this insurance policy. All individuals participating in the University’s health insurance
programs described herein are responsible for reviewing all descriptions of the scope
and level of coverage offered by this policy. Such participants will be solely responsible
for obtaining additional coverage not provided under this program if such is deemed
necessary by the participant.
SUNY MEDEX Emergency Assistance Insurance