Most web browsers include the ability to block pop-up windows. While this may eliminate
annoying pop-up windows, the feature sometimes can impede the functionality of legitimate
or useful web sites.
Add the following to your pop-up allowable list to allow the State University of New
York at Fredonia sites:
The directions to configure pop-up settings are different for each browser. If you’ve
installed Yahoo and Google toolbars, you might need to adjust those settings as well.
You can temporarily allow pop-ups by holding the CTRL key whenever you click on a
If your preferred browser is Internet Explorer, open this program and do the following:
1. Choose Tools --> Pop-up Blocker --> Pop-up Blocker Settings
2. Enter *.fredonia.edu in the Address of web site to allow box.
3. Click Add. Fredonia will show up in the Allowed sites box.
4. Click Close to finish.
If your preferred browser is Firefox, open Firefox and do the following:
1. Choose Tools --> Options
2. Select the Content tab
3. Click the button next to the Block Pop-up Windows item (Allowed Sites or Exceptions)
4. Enter *.fredonia.edu in the Address of web site box.
5. Click Allow. The site will show up in the list.
6. Select Close to finish.
Safari does not allow single web site control over blocking pop-ups windows. Pop-ups
are either blocked, or they are not. To allow pop-ups:
1. From the Safari menu, check to see if the Block Pop-Up Windows option is checked.
Un-checking this option will allow pop-ups.
2. To block pop-ups once again, check Block Pop-Up Windows in the Safari menu. You
can use a keyboard shortcut: [Apple key]-K.
If you use Google Toolbar to block pop-ups, you need to visit the web site to allow
pop-ups for that site. When visiting a Fredonia web site that requires pop-ups, such
as FredQuest or ANGEL, click the pop-up blocker button to allow pop-ups on the site.
The name of the button will change to Popups Okay.
First visit the site so the popup is blocked. Then add the source of the pop-up window
to your Allowed List by doing the following:
1. Click the Pop-Up Blocker menu
2. Select Always Allow Pop-Ups From...
3. Select the site from the "Sources of Recently Blocked Pop-Ups" list
4. Click Allow to allow all pop-ups from this web site to appear without further action.