Welcome to the Media Center
W203 Thompson Hall, 2nd Floor
Phone: (716) 673-3407
The Media Center provides multimedia support for students and for faculty utilizing
teaching computer labs, smart classrooms, and regular classrooms. Our audio visual
equipment provides you with the support you need for your classes and assignments.
The Media Center houses the following:
- Student Graphics Lab - contains Ellison dies and machines (paper cut-outs), laminator, book binding machine,
copy machine, paper trimmers, posterboard, construction paper, and other supplies for your projects.*
- Audio Visual Equipment - multimedia "smart" cart (computer, projector, dvd player and speakers), flat screen
tv with dvd player, tv with dvd player, audio recorders, digital camcorders, tripods
and lighting kits, etc.
Multimedia equipment can now be reserved by going to our
A multimedia equipment reservation can be done online using our Equipment Checkout System. The system can be used by both Faculty and Students who will be using the equipment.
Students must still have a Faculty signature for overnight use. Overnight forms
are available at the Media Center, W203 Thompson Hall.
Please contact us to arrange consultation and/or instruction on any of the equipment
we have to offer.
- Computer Lab with Windows and Macintosh - computers are available for students and staff to use during our Media Center hours.
- Poster Printing - printers that print up to full size posters.
- Wireless Printing - print from your laptop to our printers in the computer lab. View Instructions (PDF)
- DVD Transfer - transfer or duplicate your flash drives, memory cards, VHS tapes, CDs or DVDs to
- TV/DVD Viewing Stations - watch a DVD for class.
- Conference Rooms - use our preview rooms to hold meetings or practice presentations.
*NOTE: All items must be purchased with your FREDCard using FREDFunds or Debit.
Community Members may purchase a Gift Card with a minimum denomination of $10.00 during
normal business hours at the University Bookstore in University Commons, the FSA Office
in Gregory Hall, or online. Cards may also be purchased in machines located in Gregory Hall, McEwen Hall, &
the College Bookstore. Cards purchased in the machines for $10.00 will have $8.00
loaded on them (minus a $2.00 card purchasing fee). Add more funds to the gift card
at either the University Bookstore in University Commons or the FSA Office in Gregory
Hall. Visit the FSA website for more information.If you have a FREDCard, you already have a FREDFunds or Fredonia Debit
Account; all you have to do is deposit funds into the account. You can deposit funds
(as low as $15.00 at a time) into your FREDFunds or Fredonia Debit Account by using Quick Deposit, stopping by the FSA Office, or using ValuePorts located in Gregory Hall, Williams
Center, and McEwen Hall.