LIBRARY GIFTS AND DONATIONS
We value the donation of gifts to our collections and appreciate resources that support
the mission of State University of New York at Fredonia.
The following are the guidelines for accepting gifts:
- The Library accepts materials that directly support the curriculum, enhance current
research areas, support current curricular interests, add to the College archives
or local history collections, or demonstrate literary merit.
- As with purchases, the Library will adhere to current cooperative collection development
agreements in their decisions to add items to the collection.
- Gifts become the property of the College upon receipt, and the Library will determine
the use or disposition of these materials.
- Materials must be in good condition.
- Materials not accepted into the collection will be discarded or sold and monies designated
for building the collection.
- Bookplates will be inserted into materials at the request of the donor.
- Gifts will be acknowledged in a letter from the Library Director or the Collection
- Appraisals and/or lists of books donated are the responsibility of donors and must
be completed before the donation is made to the Library. Donors should consult their
tax advisors about the need for a professional appraisal.
Gifts for the Music or Juvenile Collection
Gifts for the Music Collection will be reviewed by the coordinator of the collection(s).
- Questions about donations to the Music Collection should be directed to: