We value the donation of gifts to our collections and appreciate resources that support the mission of SUNY Fredonia.
The following are the guidelines for accepting gifts:
- The library accepts materials that directly support the curriculum, enhance current research areas, support current curricular interests, add to the College archives or local history collections, or demonstrate literary merit.
- As with purchases, the library will adhere to current cooperative collection development agreements in their decisions to add items to the collection
- Gifts become the property of the College upon receipt, and the Library will determine the use or disposition of these materials.
- Materials must be in good condition.
- Materials not accepted into the collection will be discarded or sold and monies designated for building the collection.
- Bookplates will be inserted into materials at the request of the donor.
- Gifts will be acknowledged in a letter from the Library Director.
- Appraisals are the responsibility of donors and must be completed before the donation is made to the Library. Donors should consult their tax advisors about the need for a professional appraisal.
Gifts for the Music or Juvenile Collection
Gifts for the Music or Juvenile Collection will be reviewed by the coordinator of the collection(s).
- Questions about donations to the Music Collection should be directed to
- Questions about donations to the Juvenile Collection should be directed to
Librarian-Coordinator of the Juvenile Collection
Questions about Gifts and Donations to all other areas of the collection should be directed to:
Interim Coordinator of Collections