SciFinder Registration Instructions
This database requires you to login with your own SciFinder username and password. Use it to search the Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) for documents in the field of chemistry.
- Are you already registered? If so, access the SciFinder Database.
- If you are not already registered, access the User Registration page.
- This allows you to create your own SciFinder username and password.
- Note: The form requires that you register on an on-campus computer. After you submit the form, CAS sends you an e-mail message with instructions for completing the registration process. Therefore, you must register with a valid SUNY Fredonia email address.
- Click Next.
- Enter your contact information.
- Specify a username and password.
4. Select a security question from the drop-down list and provide the answer.
- Your username must be unique and contain 5-15 characters. It can contain only letters ora combination of letters, numbers, and/or characters (only dash, underscore, period, or @ symbol).
- Your password must contain 7-15 characters and include at least three of the following:
- Mixed upper- and lowercase letters
- Non-alphanumeric characters (e.g., @, #, %, &, *)
5. Click Register.
- A message indicates that you will receive an e-mail message from CAS at the address you provided within the form.
6. To complete the registration process:
If you have any problem with registration or the use of SciFinder, contact the Reference Desk at Reed Library.
- Open and read the e-mail message from CAS.
- If you accept the terms and conditions for using SciFinder, click the link within the e-mail message to complete the registration process. A confirmation page is displayed.
- Click the link provided in the e-mail message to begin working with SciFinder. It is possible that you are unable to begin working with SciFinder immediately because all seats for the web version of SciFinder are currently in use. Try logging in later. If the problem persists, contact your site administrator.