The Fredonia Academy
||Officially opened on 4 October 1826, the Fredonia Academy building was the first physical
structure of the institution that evolved into today's SUNY Fredonia. Built with a
combination of state and local subscription funds, it hosted students until 1867,
when the new Normal School was established, and was razed in 1890 to make room for
the construction of what is now the Fredonia Village Hall.
PREVIOUS | NEXT