The Normal School (Old Main)
This image, familiar to many of us as "Old Main," is of the second Normal School building. Its cornerstone was laid on 3 October 1901. The building, thought at the time to be one of the finest examples of its type, was submitted as a model to the 1904 St. Louis World's Fair, where it won a silver medal. The structure still stands at the intersection of Central Avenue and Temple Street.