The consortium will disseminate information, educate special populations, conduct
research, and provide a resource for patients to locate clinical services in the area
or speech and voice within the Western New York area. A particular focus is on cooperatively
discussing patient care with all professionals assessing and treating those with voice
production disorders and improving the overall method of service through collaboration.
- To expand local educational programs pertaining to the area of voice disorders.
- To advocate for healthy use of voice
- To improve and expand clinical service delivery in various medical settings in the
- To begin research partnerships with various institutions that service voice disordered
- To involve undergraduate and graduate speech pathology students in clinical experiences
outside their respective campuses and clinics for externships and other hands on experiences.