What we do
- Provide important information to internal and external audiences through all available media
- Develop and distribute news releases
- Help the news media cover important stories
- Proactively offer up campus experts to media and other key constituencies
- Support campus and community event management and other promotional efforts
- Administer, edit and design the university website
- Photograph events and people
- Produce marketing materials and conduct market research
- Write, edit and produce the The Statement alumni newsletter
- Email a weekly online newsletter to students, staff, faculty, parents and friends during the academic year
- Plan long-term strategies for university-wide marketing communications
- Develop, produce and place all image and non-event-specific advertising
For sources and experts
A reliable voice
- The Director of Public Relations is the University Spokesperson and as such is the recommended first contact for any inquiries addressed to the university administration. During emergencies, the Public Relations Office is the university's only authorized source for accurate information.
Freedom of information requests
- Please note that this office is no longer the point of contact for requests under the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL). All requests for SUNY Fredonia documents under FOIL should be made in writing and delivered in person, through campus mail, or via U.S. Postal Service to:
Ms. Amy Beers
Director of Internal Controls
280 Central Avenue
Fredonia, NY 14063
- SUNY Fredonia ensures that the public's access to information is protected according to the law and the policies of the State University of New York.
- SUNY Fredonia may charge a fee of 25 cents per page for documents requested.