What we do
- Provide important information to internal and external audiences through all available
- Develop and distribute news releases
- Help the news media cover important stories
- Proactively offer up campus experts to media and other key constituencies
- Support campus and community event management and other promotional efforts
- Administer, edit and design the university website
- Photograph events and people
- Produce marketing materials and conduct market research
- Write, edit and produce the The Statement alumni magazine
- Email a weekly online newsletter to the campus community during the academic year
- Plan long-term strategies for university-wide marketing communications
- Develop, produce and place all image and non-event-specific advertising
For sources and experts
A reliable voice
- The Director of Marketing and Communications is the University Spokesperson and as
such is the recommended first contact for any inquiries addressed to the university
administration. During emergencies, the Marketing and Communications Office is the
university's only authorized source for accurate information.
Freedom of information requests
- Please note that this office is not the point of contact for requests under the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL).
All requests for Fredonia documents under FOIL should be made in writing and delivered
in person, through campus mail, or via the U.S. Postal Service to:
Ms. Amy Beers
Director of Internal Controls
The State University of New York at Fredonia
280 Central Avenue
Fredonia, NY 14063
- Fredonia ensures that the public's access to information is protected according to
the law and the policies of the State University of New York.
- The university may charge a fee of 25 cents per page for documents requested.